San Diego

Hello,
I recently decided it was about time to update to the most recent version of lsdj. as i have been running a fairly old version for a while now..
This caused all my noise kicks to be messed up. I tried switching between "Free" and "Stable" and it didnt fix it.
Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,

mike/bleeds

San Diego

The noise kick i use is a noise instrument transposed down FF FF FE...ect in a table.
I dont understand why it doesnt work/sound the same in newer versions of lsdj.
help anyone?

Gosford, Australia

try converting the transposes to equivalent S commands (e.g. SFF or SFE) and leave it in free mode

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 2, 2014 7:38 am)

I am having the exact same problem...

Unsubscribe
LSDJ CHANGELOG wrote:

noise instrument: add "S CMD" setting. "FREE" keeps classic S command
   behavior. "STABLE" prevents the noise generator from switching between
   7-bit and 15-bit LFSR, as it occasionally mutes the sound. adjust the
   setting to suit your personality.

STARDRAIN, CA

waaahhhhh i miss you mike

I am still partial confused as to what that means, sorry I am still kinda new to lsdj

Gosford, Australia

basically instead of using transposes to change your noise shape you just have to use the S command instead.

how it works is like, if your noise shape is set to ED for instance, then S01 changes it to EE, SFF changes it to EC, and then S10 and SF0 have the same effect as moving the note in the phrase up or down an octave. you can even do something wacky like start with a noise shape value of D4 and then put an S command like S2D a couple lines down in the table, so you're moving between two different noise types. it makes a cool clap-snare kinda sound.

the main difference for people switching from old versions is that, unlike transposes, S commands stack. so having SFF followed by another SFF is the same as having a transpose that goes FF and then FE

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 3, 2014 4:25 pm)

Unsubscribe

basically for years the noise sweep function was "broken" in that on certain settings it would misfire and there would be no sound at all really. Once Johan fixed it, it made lots of existing kick patches sound kinda boring, so he gave the option to switch between the fix and the old method of doing it so old songs wouldnt sound broken. If you notice your songs sound weird after upgrading you should make sure the s setting is set to free.

So what if it is set to free and it still occurs?

Unsubscribe

If its set to FREE, the dropouts WILL occur but to my ears its kinda boring sounding. Setting it to stable should fix the "problem"

So when set on stable it works, only when there is a note in PU1. So if PU1 is silent and there is a snare or something in the NOI it becomes a clicking noise

Unsubscribe

Thats weird and sounds like a bug. Can you post your project somewhere?

Matthew Joseph Payne

That's really weird, but that offers me a great temporary fix for a couple songs I have that are acting up because of this, thanks!

San Diego

Setting it to Free or Stable didnt fix it. What did fix it was to copy the transpose col and input them as S commands.
I had to go through every track of mine to fix all affected noise instruments by hand lol.
MISS YOU TOO KOOL SKULL