buffalo, NY

episode 2 was great. 

I think the producer guys are supposed to play the role of "Joe Sixpack Music Dude"  whatevs

California

This is a pretty cool series.

SLC, UT

Does anybody have a source for the band playing the Mr. Gimmick music?

herr_prof wrote:
TSC wrote:

Am I the only one cringing when someone who isn't Asian starts talking?

In this doc, or just generally?

LOL

ohgodno, Indiana
stargazer wrote:

for Gimmick http://soundcloud.com/kagegon-1

Plantation, Florida
b4by f4c3 wrote:
stargazer wrote:

for Gimmick http://soundcloud.com/kagegon-1

I think they meant the video Kageyama watched.

buffalo, NY

It's cheap dinosaurs or autoscroll filmed by Emily Feder

Clermont-Ferrand, France

The best part of the episode 2 for me is when Kageyama says he quitted music because he wasn't aware of any recognition to his.

It made me think : "True, we have now soundcloud, bc and all this stuff, and internet more generally, so we can spread our music and receive (or not) recognition for it, but at that time you just enjoyed the music when playing the game and couldn't check it out elsewhere and/or contact him to tell him how much you love what he makes, so you eventually came to forget the composer, only remembering his melodies, leaving him totally unrewarded for his effort."

How harsh is it to put the best of yourself in creating a piece for people to enjoy it knowing you won't have any feedback or praise on it, and that nobody will know you for that ?

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Sep 12, 2014 9:02 am)

Vienna

my personal highlight was to learn that Akio Dobashi, the dude on the keys in the videoclip below, composed the score for a NES game.

SLC, UT

Thanks danimal.

Utah
danimal cannon wrote:

It's cheap dinosaurs or autoscroll filmed by Emily Feder

Is this the video? Or is there another one?

Melbourne, Australia
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

The best part of the episode 2 for me is when Kageyama says he quitted music because he wasn't aware of any recognition to his.

It made me think : "True, we have now soundcloud, bc and all this stuff, and internet more generally, so we can spread our music and receive (or not) recognition for it, but at that time you just enjoyed the music when playing the game and couldn't check it out elsewhere and/or contact him to tell him how much you love what he makes, so you eventually came to forget the composer, only remembering his melodies, leaving him totally unrewarded for his effort."

How harsh is it to put the best of yourself in creating a piece for people to enjoy it knowing you won't have any feedback or praise on it, and that nobody will know you for that ?

This is so true. I feel like sending him a long letter of thanks now... along with many other artists, just to let them know how much I've appreciated their work...