Houston

http://www.soundcloud.com/zenkomani/bass-quest

I just put out a song and I wanted know what you guys/gals think of it. What do think could be better/changed. How was the over all sound. Did you like it a all?

St. Charles, MO

This track is great man! I can't think of any way it could even be improved!

Houston

Thanks

Medina, Ohio

That's a pretty solid track, is that single LSDJ? It sounds really layered and delicious.

Houston

Yes, 1xLSDJ.

Finland

yah man this is cool. smile heart

Oklahoma City, OK

My only (minor) complaint is that it felt a little too repetitive, the arpeggiated parts mainly seemed a tad overdone. That, and it ended a little abruptly. But otherwise, song structure is good, the sound design is good, so yeah. Good work on this.

Sweet I like the interaction between the beepy squarewave and the bassy sound. I hope I can get this good at LSDJ someday. The 321 Go! bit was added in after I presume. Maybe make it a little bit shorter as some bits got slightly repetitive.

Houston
Breogan Hackett wrote:

The 321 Go! bit was added in after I presume.

That's all LSDJ.

HardstyleFox wrote:
Breogan Hackett wrote:

The 321 Go! bit was added in after I presume.

That's all LSDJ.

Oh Okay. I just started with LSDJ I have to take a look at the docs.

Dallas, Texas

Great stuff. My only CC would be instead of remaining on one root note after your drop at around 2:00, I would have made the bass follow more of a dramatic chord progression, or any chord progression. But hey, I'm not terribly familiar with this sub genre of electro, so what you did might be exactly what is desired. All I know is that while minimal techno has a repetitive and commonly singular note bass roots, the textures and beat details change around it. In my mind at least I choose one or the other.

Take my CC as more of nitpick really cause this is seriously a face melting track.

Houston

Thanks man! I really appreciate the CC!