I have NTRQ and an nes,  so I want to be able to amplify/record/process/etc the sound coming out of the nes.

I have looked into the "stereo" mod,  and it's not something that I want to do,  really...I'd rather get the audio without having to do any mod.

Is it possible to just use a rca y-splitter cable coming out of the nes' audio jack?

One like this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … csho631504

... And then add a RCA cable to the other end and send it to my mixer?

Unsubscribe

Nope. A splitter would just send the mixed audio x2 to two separate channels.

The NES timing is pretty tight, you could always make 5 recordings with the other four parts muted and line them up in your DAW and it should remain pretty well synced, if you rather avoid the hardware mod. Its actually a really simple one though.

Joliette, QC, Canada

you can use your audio in the rca and plug it in a mono channel on a mixer (with a rca to 1/4 adapter). This is what I do but the hum can be noisy !

Ok,  figured it out.... All I needed was a male rca to male 1/4" mono cable from Radioshack! Thanks!

Clermont-Ferrand, France
XyNo wrote:

you can use your audio in the rca and plug it in a mono channel on a mixer (with a rca to 1/4 adapter). This is what I do but the hum can be noisy !

Assuming there's a RCA output, right ? Cause on mine (PAL) I only have one mixed video/audio output. From your experience is the hum annoying for recording only or is it sufficiently noisy to be heard playing live ?
I think I'll be going for the hardware mod anyway.