Hi again all, I have been using the L command with success to bend up and down between notes but now I'm stuck trying to make a very long bend, I have put note a4 on step 0 (pulse channel) and note b4 on step F. In the command column for step F I have inserted L01. I have tried playing with this value but can't achieve the effect I want, which is a very slow bend from the a note to the b note. Can anyone help? Thanks again. X

Detroit

Use a P command between the two notes.  Depending on how long you want it to take you can use a series of P## and P00 to stretch it out even longer.

England

does vib type setting on the instrument screen have an effect on the speed of L commands as well? I cant remember.

Unsubscribe

It does. Change the vib to anything that isnt HF to adjust the rate.

The One Electronic wrote:

Use a P command between the two notes.  Depending on how long you want it to take you can use a series of P## and P00 to stretch it out even longer.

Thank you this gets me closer to what I want but I am confused about where to put the p commands and what you mean by using a series of p## and p00 to stretch it out even longer.

Jellica wrote:

does vib type setting on the instrument screen have an effect on the speed of L commands as well? I cant remember.

This is really interesting I always wondered what the vib type setting did cause I couldn't hear the difference. I tried it with the L command and it produces the correct sound that I want but now the bend STARTS on the note that I wanted it to end with and I can't seem to tell it where to end either, maybe this is me not knowing where I should be placing the commands but I have tried to fix it myself to no avail.

Seattle, WA

You can also use an L command after your p command to smooth the transition even further.

Los Angeles, CA
llVeXXll wrote:

]This is really interesting I always wondered what the vib type setting did cause I couldn't hear the difference. I tried it with the L command and it produces the correct sound that I want but now the bend STARTS on the note that I wanted it to end with and I can't seem to tell it where to end either, maybe this is me not knowing where I should be placing the commands but I have tried to fix it myself to no avail.

Vibe type affects V commands, P commands, and L commands. 

There is no way to make the bend instantly resolve, L commands just slides pitch from the previous note to the note the L command was placed on.  Try placing the not you are placing sooner than step F maybe?  this will all be affected by BPM too, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Mrwimmer (Sep 17, 2014 10:59 pm)

Unsubscribe

its affected by ticks so your groove also plays a part.