Montreal, Canada

Hey all, was going through my closet yesterday and found a forgotten box of my last unsold 2013 release "Never obsolete". They're brand new shrink-wrapped pro done CD copies with real UPC/EAN barcode. Obviously the LP is completely chiptune, check it out here: https://lain2097.bandcamp.com/album/never-obsolete

Rather than displacing air I'd rather see them gone and played.

Dunno if this is appropriate in the trading post but I'd give a super discount or just pay me postage kinda thing.

Cheeerz

Last edited by lain2097 (Sep 9, 2014 5:27 pm)

So. California

Love the album. How much for a CD?

Montreal, Canada

Hey thanks for the interest, postage to US looks to be under 2$ so I'd be willing to send a copy at least that price. If you're interested PM me and I'll send my details.

Michigan

I want one!

Montreal, Canada
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I want one!

PM Sent. smile

Only $2? count me in

So. California

PM sent.

Montreal, Canada
tvall wrote:

Only $2? count me in

If you're from US/CAN you betca. Elsewhere I'd have to find out the postage. PM me.

Last edited by lain2097 (Sep 19, 2014 2:31 pm)

Montreal, Canada

One gone, 9 remain.

pretty dope album

Montreal, Canada

4 gone, 5 remain.

Response has been great, no thanks to the chip community. Better them be off than collecting dust.

DESUMATE wrote:

pretty dope album

Thanks. This album was my first foray into chiptunes. Prior I had amassed a museum of analogue synths and drums machines which frankly didn't truly inspire me. Which all changed once I got hold of a MIDINES which literally was a dream come true, now all chip. I guess I'm a person of extremes?

Almost makes me want to do a run of lathe cuts of "Professed and real intention"... hmm..

Québec

I just received mine in the mail today, and almost all the pins that hold in the disc (I have no idea what they are called) are broken.
I know they are limited so I'm not asking for a different one (anyway I can just change the jewel case itself, no big deal) but I guess this is just a warning to maybe wrap them a little better?
Although I'm not sure the shipping would cause that kind of damage, otherwise the case would probably have cracked, I don't know.

Other than that the album is great!
I'm starting to actually have a decent chiptune collection now, so that's cool.

p.s. I saw you were from Montreal, I would be interested to know if there is a chip scene there?
Like, are there any shows? It would probably be my only chance to go to one lol.

Montreal, Canada

Ouch sorry man, I didn't open any of the discs (sealed) so I cannot be sure it was like that to begin with or damaged in transit. I regularly receive CDs in bubble mailers without issue. So either they were made with inferior trays or just got smashed. Though yes the black plastic tray is easily replaced. Thing is with items <100g its not that expensive to post, once you start doing the cardboard thing it gets much more expensive like 4-8$ just to CA/US

Anyway thanks for the comments as I don't get feedback really. Yes physical chiptune releases are very niche, so not only are actual sales of chip music rare but more so the physical releases.

Man I feel bad, perhaps I can give a freebie of my other releases or something?

Yes from mtl. I know there are some chip peeps around but I'm not aware of proper shows, perhaps some really underground one off, paper advert. Could be wrong but I don't really see much. If anything my stuff is way weirder than the 'usual' lsdj stuff so I guess that limits things...

Québec
lain2097 wrote:

Man I feel bad, perhaps I can give a freebie of my other releases or something?

I don't want to say no to free stuff, but it's no big deal really, don't worry about it.

mine arrived with all but one of those disc holding pins broken.

unfortunately it arrived right before my shift starts, so I won't be able to play it until after work.

Montreal, Canada

Hmm beautiful.. guess I should have opened the shrink wrap to check. Guess the 'pro' discs are using cheapo trays sad At least they're replaceable and the disc is intact. When I used to buy loads of CDs every month one or two out of ten would have cracked cases / tabs / trays.