Hello there, Garo/Arc here. I'm from Poland and I like to experiment with various software to make music, though I usually make it on FL Studio or PXtone Collage.

I'm kinda a kind that makes things by ear, but hope I'll be able to make your day with some of my work... one day. I'll make sure to post any (finished) chips I'll come up with here as well.

Cheers, hope we'll have a blast.

Last edited by ArcOfDream (Jul 6, 2014 11:05 am)

Newcastle - UK

Hi All,

My name's Dan Gilmore, you'll find me on the web though as hexagonfuture. I've recently been introduced to the world of modding DMG's and I've gotten quite addicted!

I'm currently:
- Restoring an original DMG-01 - planning to retr0brite it to remove some yellowing
- Building my dream DMG for retro gaming pleasure and plan to try out LSDJ at some point. Gonna cram as many mods in as make sense / fit. Already done the easy stuff, custom case, silicone buttons, new screen protector, Density backlight...

If anyone has any advice for a n00b modder, let me know!

Dan

Hi!  apologies if this is posted in the wrong place

I make metal/rock music with chiptune/video game influence sprinkled here and there.

all of my music is available for free at www.soundcloud.com/evaleigh

I am potentially up for some collab work if you like what you hear and want to work together on something original or one of my or your existing works.  I am much more comfortable on a guitar and drum machine than on the chiptune part of my music, but love the genre and potential of it.

hope you like what you hear and thanks for listening
Cheers,
Justin C

Germany

Hello there!

I'm a programmer (actually I'm still studying) and digital artist who just discovered Chiptunes recently, but since then I rarely listened to anything else big_smile.
I'm from Germany and I plan to make some videos about Chiptune music on Youtube. Maybe I'll even make some tracks myself, but since I'm not really a musician, don't expect too much wink.
If you're interested you can checkout my Youtube channel or my soundcloud.

Greetings,
collurio229

Ohio, USA

Hi CM.O (Warning: I'm not very good with greetings...),

I'm Wholesome Family Music, my real name being Dom (probably easier to type). I've been interested in chipmusic and electronic music in general for quite awhile now, my favorite chip artist probably being Kool Skull at the moment. I'm considerably a newb to chipmusic, but I love making it, and have been coming up with a lot of noisy, fast-paced "chipthrash" as my style. I even have a free little demo EP on Bandcamp if you're interested.

Well, I'm excited to finally talk to other chipmusicians, and I'll stop with this really bad greeting now. smile

Hello CM.O!

My names Dan and I've been listening to chipmusic for sometime now a few of my favourite artists are Saberpulse, Anamanaguchi, FTFX (older stuff) and Shirobon. I've looked into making chipmusic myself a few times but thought it looked difficult so never really bothered to seek out the bits I needed until this week I realised I could run the LSDJ rom on my 3DS flash cart (duh!) since then I've bought myself 2 DMG-01s off ebay and I'll be getting myself a 64mb usb cart next week so I can really get into it.

I'm hoping to learn how to make propper chipmusic and not the rubbish I'm coming up with at the moment!

Also a big shout out to nitropulse from instagram who pointed me in the direction of this website

Thanks
Dan

South Korea
Godslayer wrote:

Hello CM.O!

My names Dan and I've been listening to chipmusic for sometime now a few of my favourite artists are Saberpulse, Anamanaguchi, FTFX (older stuff) and Shirobon. I've looked into making chipmusic myself a few times but thought it looked difficult so never really bothered to seek out the bits I needed until this week I realised I could run the LSDJ rom on my 3DS flash cart (duh!) since then I've bought myself 2 DMG-01s off ebay and I'll be getting myself a 64mb usb cart next week so I can really get into it.

I'm hoping to learn how to make propper chipmusic and not the rubbish I'm coming up with at the moment!

Also a big shout out to nitropulse from instagram who pointed me in the direction of this website

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan! Welcome to cm.o! Love your username. If you have a DS and a flashcart, I HIGHLY recommend nitrotracker! Get the program, get some sample packs, read through the documentation, and get tracking. Some guys on this site recently made a kickass little album which you should give a listen, download and pick apart the source files to get a better understanding of the workflow. If you stick around and give this website a chance, you will learn A LOT about composing/recording/performing and meet some pretty good people.

Spokane, WA

Hello Everyone.
My name is Stim.
And I have an addiction....

Just kidding. I'm a noobert using LSDJ. Always been into Retro Consoles since my neighbor next door let me borrow his super nintendo when I was six. Read in an interview somewhere that chiptune was like the punk of the digital music scene, so I bought LSDJ with birthday money. It's taken me four years later to figure out how to use it, but hey *shrug*. Currently living in the Spokane, WA area and always down to jam and pick up some pointers. Currently trying to get a band together. Still playing Earthbound on my emulator and drinking cough syrup. Thanks for having me and hope to get to know some of you fine folks soon!

A belated hello to CM.O from a belated account!

I've had this account for a few years, but I never really used it. Once upon a time I followed danooct1's Famitracker tutorial and replicated a few Kirby songs with the software and his advice. Started making my own stuff, but it was strange and didn't go far (not that I dislike it). More recently had another attempt at Famitracker and made a few actually music-sounding songs. Even more recently, I took a leap and got a backlight and LSDJ for my Game Boy Pocket. Like, just put it together yesterday, recent.

I hope to do some cool things with all of this music technology now, and thought, "you know, let's try that whole socialization thing. I hear it can be nice." I'll mostly lurk and ask silly beginner questions though.

London

Cooee! hello Everyone.

My name's Nick and I've been dabbling with chip-sounding music for the last couple of years. Being a weedy noob, i work entirely in emulation - but i have a massive amount of respect for those who dabble with the real hardware. Especially all of that crazy chip-bending stuff.

I like the sounds that can be contorted out of a GB/C64/Amiga, but my true loves are the AY-8910 and the YM-2612. Consequently, most of my time is spent in REAPER mucking around with Plogue's Chipsounds and Aly James' most excellent FM-Drive/Super PSG.

I've very recently finished an album of Spectrum stuff in honour of the impending Speccy Jam, and I'm working on a Fusion EP that mixes live Drum/Guitar samples with the lead sounds of the YM-2612 ("Robot Farts" be damned!)

Cheers everyone!

My name is tayco! I am obsessed with music in general, and have recently been getting into chiptunes. I have just started making some tunes on an emulator and am currently working on getting an LSDJ cart (by goal is to play some live gameboy shows). I also use Logic Pro and couple cute plugins, midi controllers, etc.

You can check out some samples of my tunes at https://soundcloud.com/tay_co . Thanks, and can't wait to get to know all of you!

Hello, all! Longtime lurker here, and definitely not first-time guy-who-put-off-joining-the-discussions-for-way-too-long! I hope you'll all welcome me with a hefty serving of salt.

Australia

Greetings sirs and madams,

I am Ivy and I am learning how to make chiptunes!
Like a lot of you, I absolutely adore the old shit and playing on Gameboys.

I also jizz to breakcore.

Hey there,

I just signed up, but I've been to this site before to look for various tools and things for working on chip music.  I've been working on chip music WAY back during the later days of Impulse Tracker and the old days of MODPlug Tracker.  I pretty much started in my later years of High School and started out with simple XM and IT renditions of Sonic 3 music (with recorded and non/looped FM waveforms) and my own half-assed music (I suck at composing my own stuff lol).

Anyway, nowadays, I mostly work on Gameboy conversions of music from the RPG Maker series (mostly because there's a graphics pack sold by them and the GB renditions of the editors music works really well with it) and SNES stuff, which I've been commissioned to work on some custom music for an RPG being made in the latest version of RPG Maker for the PC to be as close to the SNES experience as possible, so they called me up to produce some tracks for them with authentic SNES sound, rather than just using a soundfont and modern VST effects.  I make my own samples as well using modern VST synths or even my old, cheap synth.

I love NES, SNES, Genesis, GB/C/A, DS, N64, PS1/2 and Wii (sequenced and streamed) music and have always been a fan since I started playing FF2 (FF4j) and found out about tracked music.  That's another thing.  My favorite game on the SNES, including it's GBA counterpart (the other ones don't really count for me) is FF4 since that was the first real RPG I played when I started gaming on the NES and made the transition to the SNES.  After that would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, FF6, Terranigma (I had to play this via emulation since it was never released in the US), Seiken Densetsu 3 (emulation again) and even the very poorly rated Tecmo Secret of the Stars.  I know, I'm weird, but I like that game, even its steep difficulty.  I'm also someone who like Beyond the Beyond for the PS1, but mostly for the music.

My favorite VG composer used to be Nobuo Uematsu, but that changed when I really listened to some more of Motoi Sakuraba's music.  He is my absolute favorite composer and right next to him is Mr. Uematsu.

Closing up, I'll mostly be lurking, but I like to put in my 2¢ every once in a while. I'm mostly interested in the progress of the SNES Sequencer Cart and the improvement of SNESMOD.  C700 is great and all, but I like the converter better...I can't really say why.

Hello, my name is Cortuor, been a lurker as most have. I do pretty much exclusively fake-bit. I just make stuff on my computer, because I don't want to sound like an idiot when I say I have NO IDEA where to start with legitimate chip-music making other than most of it is done on a DMG yikes. Of course I do know the names Nanoloop and LSDJ, but that's about it.

Other than that not much to say. I could explain my names meaning, but its really convoluted and no one is going to bother reading this introduction anyway so who am I kidding tongue

Hoping to release a debut EP here pretty soon; hoping it is up to snuff, and hoping to get into legitimate chip-tune making.

Hoping to make some friends on the inter-webz, and actually do something productive.

st louis

um hi ._. i haven't been on a forum in years..
my name's pinkachyu. i just discovered chiptunes.. two weeks ago? and I'm in love. i've never been so passionate about something in my life before, and I want to know everything there is to know about chiptunes and maybe make some friends?  I'm starting to save up so I can get some music making software and hardware.. all I have right now is a very yucky laptop and freeware (which isn't too bad for a complete beginner.) so um.. hi ._.