Philadelphia, United States

Hey guys,

I have a science guy arduinoboy and the Arduinoboy 4.7.3 LSDJ rom and I am attempting to use midi out from LSDJ to trigger individual drum samples from a Korg ER-1 drum machine. When using LSDJ as master or slave it syncs perfectly with the drum machine but I am having no luck using midi out to control individual drum sample playback. I've been reading all of the threads here on the subject but still achieving no success.

Thanks for the help!

sweden

Is the ArduinoBoy updated with the latest version? Afaik when these were made the Arduinoboy didn't support midi out.

Unsubscribe

Obvious stuff: Are you sending notes to the correct midi channels the drum machine is set to? By default lsdj will send to channels 1-4 on each of the four channels. Did you set the correct modes in LSDJ and the Arduinoboy? Can you hook the device up to a midi monitor on your computer to see if its actually spitting notes? Are you sending the notes the drum machine is looking for?

Unsubscribe
nordloef wrote:

Is the ArduinoBoy updated with the latest version? Afaik when these were made the Arduinoboy didn't support midi out.

this too. To update the device youll need to pick up a ftdi cable.

Philadelphia, United States
herr_prof wrote:
nordloef wrote:

this too. To update the device youll need to pick up a ftdi cable.

Ah yeah, after talking to a friend about this as well the problem is definitely that. I will purchase a cable and go from there then. Thanks !