Illinois

Hey everyone. I think this might be my first post. Anyways, I just started really messing with Famitracker. I've messed with it a bit before, but never really spent much time with it. Here is something I made recently just to get the hang of everything.

https://soundcloud.com/charfox/famitracker-test222222

I know it's not put together all too well, but how is it for a start? Anything you can recommend? Seriously anything.
I'd really like to dive straight in and learn as much as I can about producing music in Famitracker. It would be cool to learn the intricacies of the 2A03 and VRC6 chips and synthesis as well. Anyways, any awesome specific resource recommendations you have would be fantastic too.

Thanks a bunch!

Whateverville, California

Kicked you a comment on Soundcloud. Nice stuff man.

Clermont-Ferrand, France

It seems that you've already grasped non only the basics but also the principal functionnalities. Your tests are very nice.
I don't feel like I can give you any advice because I'm not much skilled at FT (like virt or kfaraday for example), but practice should keep you moving forward.

Some things you could try :
- visit the Famitracker forums if you want to dig deeper in it.
- download the .ftm of famitracker artists you like, I find that looking at someone else's (especially a skilled one's) way of composing and using commands helps a lot.

Anyway, keep up the good job.

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Oct 2, 2014 3:37 pm)

Illinois
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

It seems that you've already grasped non only the basics but also the principal functionnalities. Your tests are very nice.
I don't feel like I can give you any advice because I'm not much skilled at FT (like virt or kfaraday for example), but practice should keep you moving forward.

Some things you could try :
- visit the Famitracker forums if you want to dig deeper in it.
- download the .ftm of famitracker artists you like, I find that looking at someone else's (especially a skilled one's) way of composing and using commands helps a lot.

Anyway, keep up the good job.

Thanks so much. I will definitely check out the FT forums. Good call on getting .ftms too! big_smile

Youngstown, OH

Hey if anyone is interested I made a .ftm template with a bunch of really versatile instruments pre-loaded into it. Some made by me but a lot ripped from other .ftms I liked. Can send to whoever it might help out.

Whateverville, California

Hell yeah man, I'd like a peek at that. I'll send you a PM.

Illinois
sleepytimejesse wrote:

Hey if anyone is interested I made a .ftm template with a bunch of really versatile instruments pre-loaded into it. Some made by me but a lot ripped from other .ftms I liked. Can send to whoever it might help out.

I'm definitely up for it too!
I'll pm you as well smile

Youngstown, OH

sent y'all some pm's with a dropbox link smile

Detroit, MI
sleepytimejesse wrote:

sent y'all some pm's with a dropbox link smile

I'm in the same boat here, and I'd appreciate that link, so PM me when you can.

Also, this is my inaugural post. I need a bottle of champagne to smack my monitor with.