Madison, WI

http://kck.st/1xKBxyg

It's time to manufacture a new line of backlights for Pockets and DMGs!  We need help with funding, so I put together a Kickstarter.

Of particular interest is the aquamarine version, designed to resemble the color and light distribution of the Game Boy Light's EL panel as closely as possible, which I will be manufacturing in specific quantities for backers.  As many as are ordered during the fundraiser, that's how many will be made.  Of course, standard colors will be available for purchase during and after the fundraiser.

Further rewards:

-5 modded DMGs with 1/8" pro sound and color/polarization of your choosing.

-Wholesale pricing on backlights (including ELP-Aqua) on quantities up to 10, the maximum quantity as allowed by Kickstarter rules and regulations.

Sweeeeeeden

This belongs in the Nintendo handhelds section. Moved.

Madison, WI

Thank ya

Cool plan, I was just wondering how you're going to address the humming issue most EL panels get?

Minneapolis
Timbob wrote:

Cool plan, I was just wondering how you're going to address the humming issue most EL panels get?

If you read the post and watch the video, you will note that the Aquamarine colored panels are LED, and are merely color matched to the old EL style panels. They are not actually EL, I don't think...

Seattle, WA

I literally just bought new gameboys. Goddamn.

I really like how they look but U$4.500 is a little steep, specially considering Kitsch already makes EL backlights. What about a plan B? Will you just can the idea if Kickstarter fails?

Michigan
EL=DBS wrote:

I really like how they look but U$4.500 is a little steep, specially considering Kitsch already makes EL backlights. What about a plan B? Will you just can the idea if Kickstarter fails?

Non is not making EL's! XD

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Non is not making EL's! XD

I was talking about the aquamarine/teal EL-panel reward specifically. It is an electroluminescent backlight, isn't it?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Does anybody read ANYTHING anymore?

London

The aquamarine backlight will be a "limited edition" of the V6 backlight only for those who supports the kickstarter project. Its still gonna be a LED one but the colour will be the same as an EL would be... Am i right? smile

Sweeeeeeden

It's not super clear, though. It's referred to in terms of "designed to resemble the color and light distribution of the Game Boy Light's EL panel as closely as possible" (cm.o) and "Aquamarine backlights will closely resemble the appearance of an electroluminescent panel Game Boy Light" (Kickstarter). The Kickstarter title says "Limited Ed. EL-Panel", which is apparently just a model name? Nowhere does it actually explicitly say which light technology the panel is or isn't. I hope it's not actually an EL panel, since every aspect of EL technology apart from the light evenness sucks.

arfink wrote:
Timbob wrote:

If you read the post and watch the video, you will note that the Aquamarine colored panels are LED, and are merely color matched to the old EL style panels. They are not actually EL, I don't think...

Ah.. you're right, I'm dumb.

Milwaukee, WI

This was confusing to me as well.

Yes. $4,500 is extremely steep. It's a hard pill to swallow considering the previous campaign: a GoPro purchase dressed as a $400 Nanoloop tutorial.