Minneapolis, MN

Sorry for all the acronyms in the title!
Anywho, recently I have been writing some songs with LSDJ that are starting to bog down the old DMG, and I was wondering if a CPU swap with the SGB would help me get better processor power for making songs?

Many thanks! smile

Michigan

Doubt it. They both run on the same clock. I honestly suggest picking up a GBC.

Minneapolis, MN
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Ok, thanks! I do own one, but I hardly ever compose with it, its just not heavy and brick-ish enough. big_smile

Los Angeles, CA

You'd probably be better served by learning to be more efficient with your CPU usage.  Very rarely have I seen someone complain about cpu issues that couldn't be fixed by a little optimization (or getting a dmg with cpu-08 wink )

Things to be careful about: High vibrato, transpose in tables on noi channel instruments, kit abuse, high tempos.

Michigan
TEOMAWKI wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Ok, thanks! I do own one, but I hardly ever compose with it, its just not heavy and brick-ish enough. big_smile

I can agree with you there. My hands cramp up on the smaller handhelds.

Sweeeeeeden

Nope, it won't. All it will do is make the boot time instant.

Whateverville, California
Mrwimmer wrote:

(or getting a dmg with cpu-08 wink )

Never heard of this before, what's the difference in hardware? How much better/faster is a CPU-08? Is a CPU-07 preferable to a CPU-06? Is there a guide online somewhere with cpu information/breakdown?

Sorry if this isn't the place to be asking this, I just noticed Jazzmarazz posting here too, and he seems to be the DMG answer man.
(I have a some DMG serial numbers too if you want them by the way.)

Los Angeles, CA

This thread is literally everything you need to know about dmg cpu revisions

Adelaide, Australia
Mrwimmer wrote:

Things to be careful about: High vibrato, transpose in tables on noi channel instruments, kit abuse, high tempos.

Don't listen to Mrwimmer, he's trying to ruin all your fun. tongue Just use a GBC!

Whateverville, California

Okay, thanks then. I figured that was the case.

Los Angeles, CA
freezedream wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

Don't listen to Mrwimmer, he's trying to ruin all your fun. tongue Just use a GBC!

Notice "be careful", not "don't do these things at all".  I use all of theses things to great effect, you just have to be mindful of what you're doing with them and  dial it back a little.