Whitley Bay, England

I had a quick search and couldn't really find a straight answer to this -
I'm really wanting to get a flash cart that I can get some software on (NTRQ) and begin playing around with composing on my NES. I absolutely love the way they sound.
However, I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with!

Is there any real differences between the PowerPak and the Everdrive?
I think the PowerPak has the audio expansion chips built in/emulated, and the Everdrive doesn't, right?
Can NTRQ make use of those expansions anyway?
Can the Everdrive play back NSF files, in case I decided to go the Famitracker route?

Thanks! smile

Los Angeles, CA

I know that NTRQ doesn't do expansion audio at all. 

it seems that the n8 doesn't do nsfs, but it uses an sd card, which is a lot easier to deal with that the powepak's compact flash card, although you can just get something like this and you're fine.

Michigan

I bought the powerpak, and while I can't tell you anything related to ntrq, I can say that it works well with pulsar and many nes games. The biggest downfall of the powerpak is how you have to save. You have to have an empty sav file with the same name as the rom, hold down reset for 4 seconds, etc... I really dig the cart for the most part though.

Whitley Bay, England

There's ways to package .NSFs as ROMs isn't there, which would make them playable on the N8? So despite not having direct .NSF playback it could be worked around.. right? Or am I talking bollocks here? Hahah

Apparently the N8 saves how you would expect it to - no Reset stuff! Plus it's cheaper.. So if I still have an option to play .NSFs in some way, I reckon the N8 would probably be the better option!

Los Angeles, CA
TraceKaiser wrote:

There's ways to package .NSFs as ROMs isn't there, which would make them playable on the N8? So despite not having direct .NSF playback it could be worked around.. right? Or am I talking bollocks here? Hahah

Apparently the N8 saves how you would expect it to - no Reset stuff! Plus it's cheaper.. So if I still have an option to play .NSFs in some way, I reckon the N8 would probably be the better option!

Oh shit!  Yeah, you're totally right. You can use Famislayer!  Can't believe I forgot about it