Culturachip is a spanish speaking active chiptune community, we hold about 5 compo/releases each year,  this time in collaboration with AAMSX we are starting a new one and we are opening to international participation.

The excuse , this time, is the 30th anniversary of the Amstrad computer, and rules are:

• Music composed for a single AY chip, no restriction on what tools or computer are used as long as the result can be played on the real thing (Vortex Tracker, Soundtracker, Protracker, Arkos, Starkos,..amstrad, speccy, apple ][, PC,.. ) (AY emulation is of course allowed).

• Multiple submit allowed

• No previously released songs

• No versions or covers

• Deadline: 12 November 2014

• Send entries to: rolemusic somesymbol gmail period com

• After deadline all contestant must vote, songs will remain anonymous till the end of voting

• Results: Will be presented at RU meeting (Barcelona), available on December 2014

Somehow Vortex Tracker II is recommended for newcomers to AY (works on windows/wine, easy to track, compatible to all platforms....)

After the compo:

• A DIY CD-Audio with printable cover and loseless .iso will be done. People who want to enter on the CD must accept a CC-BY-NC-SA license, and give selling rights (at a friendly price) to the rest of the contestants. We do this to help refund the cost of printing, burning, or help some cost of future selling it in stands aimed to promotion and put the thing out there. (notice that one can enter the compo but choose not to be on the CD),(also notice  in case the total playtime exceed 72 minutes some tracks may be edited or discarted)

• Musicdisck on a msx computer, and maybe on amstrad and spectrum too. (we recomend using .pt3 format due its portability)

PD:
The result will be kinda as cool as like that this last one we did to celebrate 30th anniversary of Nintendo NES
http://culturachip.org/compos/?r=14
check the phyisical results here
http://foro.culturachip.org/viewtopic.p … 6075#p6075

Last edited by r0lemusic (Sep 11, 2014 9:46 pm)

Coooool -- I guess that if you're looking to publish a music disk, that snd/sndh files generated from MaxYMiser on Atari STe aren't allowed?

If that's the case, I guess I'd better dive into Vortex..

Plantation, Florida

I was honestly seriously considering this.

UK, Leicester

I'm thinking about giving this a go, I haven't really explored any AY chip, and Vortex Tracker looks pretty easy to use

Sevilla, Spain

ant1 did an interesting vortex tutorial some time ago in this forums, check it out to get started http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/27/vortex-tracker-ii/

I'm in this one 100%, nice to know that we'll get some extra musicians from chipmusic smile

gotoandplay wrote:

Coooool -- I guess that if you're looking to publish a music disk, that snd/sndh files generated from MaxYMiser on Atari STe aren't allowed?

If that's the case, I guess I'd better dive into Vortex..

i think there is no diferences between YM and the AY, so is the chip is the same? In that case it  will suit the compo and the CD

the musicdisck depend on the coders, at the moment only coders for the MSX had confirmer they can manage pt3, wyz, or trilotracker

Nomad's Land

I don't think MaxYMiser tunes would work on anything but Atari. Especially not STe ones. YM and AY are not exactly the same.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 10, 2014 12:09 am)

irrlichtproject wrote:

I don't think MaxYMiser tunes would work on anything but Atari. Especially not STe ones. YM and AY are not exactly the same.

Thanks smile

then atari is not allowed

At two weeks before the deadline, first (and last) thread bump for thy glory, everybody is welcome to the compo smile

http://foro.culturachip.org/viewtopic.p … 7460#p7460

^_

Last edited by r0lemusic (Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm)

Sevilla, Spain

C'mon you lsdj fxgs, you seriously don't want to miss this one because we're going to rock the f4ck out of this chip.

UK, Leicester

I'd actually forgotten about this, started working on my track today, that way I might actually have it in for the deadline, more people need to get in on this yo

Sevilla, Spain

REZLUTZ ARE OUT!

Congrats to all the chippers, this one was huge!