Michigan

So, I just recently started modding and decided, after finding a broken sp at a thrift store, to frontlight a GBC I picked up. While the frontlight looks and functions perfectly, there is noticeable noise that wasn't there before. I used a 47ohm resistor and grounded to the power switch housing. I guess I'm looking for help because I wasn't sure if I could add the capacitor to the power rail. Also, this has been prosounded internally, but it's just left and right without the ground. Resistors for speaker switching have been removed as well. Would adding a ground off of the volume pot help?

Thanks in advance to any help, and sorry if this issues has already been explored.

infodrive wrote:

Would adding a ground off of the volume pot help?

Almost certainly, and you should add it anyway because it's needed. Audio signals are voltages relative to ground. Without a ground conductor, your prosound mod is not heaps pro.

Adding a cap between Vcc and ground should help too. From memory I've used 220uF in the past.

Michigan
Knife Crimes wrote:

Adding a cap between Vcc and ground should help too. From memory I've used 220uF in the past.

Sweet! I'll get on adding a ground and the cap. I'll let you know how it goes.