Chips & Dip :3

Looks awesome! I'm gonna boot this up on my GB when I get home for sure!

Chips & Dip :3

LOVING IT! I'm thinking of using this for a live performance with my GBSP for sure!!!

Dual LSDJ + Chord is pretty much my favorite setup for live atm.

Sweden/UK
metatronaut wrote:

LOVING IT! I'm thinking of using this for a live performance with my GBSP for sure!!!

Cheers. smile That makes me happy. Please share if you film it or record anything.

ERik

Hey all! I sold my extra cartridge a couple years ago, but u really want to play with this! Don't want to spend the full 40 bucks on an ems64 cart.. can anyone advise if this rom runs on the cheaper prom carts on kitch-bent?

United States

I love the website design.

Sweden/UK
8bitDAD wrote:

Hey all! I sold my extra cartridge a couple years ago, but u really want to play with this! Don't want to spend the full 40 bucks on an ems64 cart.. can anyone advise if this rom runs on the cheaper prom carts on kitch-bent?

Good questing, I have not tried that. From what I understand though eprom is erasable read only memory, which should mean that the save function in chord will not work. Other benefits with a usb one, is that it is simpler to update if I add  features or fix one of my mistakes. But if chord is worth $40 dollars is debatable, Maybe try it in an emulator first to get a feel for it and see if you like it. smile

And cheers @John Riselvato for the kind words. smile

ERik

matt's mind

save feature wouldn't work in the prom carts

how big is the save file, btw?

Sweden/UK

I love my spelling in that last post. My head is not with me on this dark friday afternoon.

kitsch wrote:

how big is the save file, btw?

The rom itself is 32 kb. Then chord saves straight into ram, not using that much memory I think, it's addressing less than mbc1 range. I know that much. This needs some investigation.

Cheers

ERik

matt's mind

ok, right on, i might PM you or email or something and discuss this further smile  but will do some experimenting first

I love chord so far, but am unsure of the real benefit to saving. Maybe someone can give me a real life example of using the save feature assisting in use in their work flow?

Sweden/UK
kitsch wrote:

ok, right on, i might PM you or email or something and discuss this further smile  but will do some experimenting first

Awesome, I like where this is going. Also, if needed it might be possible to do some software tweaks. I bought my ems cart from kitsch bent btw, excellent shop. smile

@bitDad I guess saving is not essential. It might be nice to save different chord progressions though for different songs if you need to access them quickly and don't have the time to edit them in again.

Cheers

ERIk

That's fair.  So far it seems like I can build the sounds I like pretty rapidly,  but then there's always room to complexify. Thanks for the info!

Sweden/UK

Just to give an update on the sync development. I have uploaded a new build and put some instructions and teensy software on the website, same link as before http://www.humbletune.com/chord/. The big question is, will it work with arduino boy and other types of syncing. I think it possibly will but I have not tested it.

Cheers

ERik

West Yorks, UK

beaut! il get it checked out with the arduinoboy tonight smile

Italy

Cool Erik! So did you just change the sync stuff or what else is new?

Sweden/UK
rumpelfilter wrote:

Cool Erik! So did you just change the sync stuff or what else is new?

Yes just adding optional external sync this time and a moustache for Movember. If you click the little plus above the download button you get a list of the changes, another one of my brilliant website design features. smile

I will look into triggering notes too at some point soon. And cheers for the help @Domu.

Thanks

ERik