https://soundcloud.com/aavepyora/cave-c … e-extended

Extended version of the theme for Cave Crew, a small Android game I scored a few years back.

Some software emulated Hubbard snares I stole from his tracks with a SID player (I should bother to do my own...), the arps in the back towards the end come from a SammichSID... Otherwise VST stuff. I was thinking of doing the pwm lead with real gear also, but I ended liking the current one...

Chicago, IL

Small world, I did the sound effects and voice work on Cave Crew. When he came to me you'd already done the music...I always wondered who did it. It's really a nice piece. You did a great job. (my review of it)

Last edited by BeatScribe (Nov 14, 2014 12:32 pm)

Wow, incredible coincidence big_smile

I was supposed to do the sounds too, I even made hours of field recordings actually for the basis, but I felt super not motivated since I didn't have the dev tools and could not try the sounds out myself in the game, so it was so cumbersome and requiring so much back and forth mailing that I think they got tired of that before me and found somebody else smile

I actually wrote several other tunes too for that game the short chippy scetches on my soundcloud page were some idea I sent to them... But they wanted less chippy and distinctive sounds for the game, I am now thinking of reworking the rest of that material too so it won't be left unused.

Chicago, IL

I seem to remember them being super picky too. I think I made like 10 different crate sounds. SFX are so boring compared to music. Thats why I charge an arm and a leg for them big_smile

It's always good to save your "sketches" or even rejected songs, you never know when they'll be a perfect fit for something down the line.