Washington, PA
BennVenn wrote:

Jmc1987, The license? Yes, that is what the extra $5 in my original post is for (That is reasonable per cart, yes?), unless the buyer can prove they already have a license. I cant see the necessity to buy 4 licenses for the one cart, the only reason there are 4 copies per cart is because LSDJ cant detect the entire 128K.

Whoops! I missed that part. But kitsch has already covered my concerns regarding licenses.

Australia
TEOMAWKI wrote:
atomsmasha wrote:

hmm might grab one, just did some reading on your site, seems legit! Is the cart reader/writer also available?

Haha, are there that many dodgey sellers out there?

Minneapolis, MN
BennVenn wrote:

Haha, are there that many dodgey sellers out there?

I was mainly wondering if the cart reader/writer also available?

Australia

They should be available mid next week. Just waiting on a few components before they can be shipped. This may be the last batch I sell personally as a distributor has shown interest.

would the reader/writer be usable on linux? I'm wanting a cart reader but can't find anything within my budget

Australia

Yes, they work on Linux, OSx and Windows. (anything that will run python)

Australia

Update on the 32K SRAM issue, the SRAM (High address bits) is physically mapped to the ROM, so the 32k is split across the ROM in 4 different parts. 32K is all each program can access :-( It just means you only get 4 saved songs / cartridge. You can always extract them to your pc!

Bucharest, Romania

So could I flash my own ROMS to this out of the box, or would I need some more gear?

Australia

With my cart reader/writer you can flash your ROM's to my carts. I've finished the multi-rom compiler which builds a ROM menu for when you turn the gameboy on and compiles all your ROM's to the one writable file, to be burnt to the cart. The software will map any ROM's requiring save ram to specific locations on the Flash IC (so they don't overwrite each others save files), then slot in the remaining ROM's into boundary alligned free space. This way you get to use all 64M (or 256M on the larger carts) for your ROM's.

Bucharest, Romania

Awesome work, mate.

Las Vegas, Nevada

I see where you are going with this, I think it's a great idea, just sort the license thing first with Johan to be safe! Johan is super nice though, just make sure you're clear to him what you are trying to do haha

Australia

Yes commons3nse, sent him an email on the 14th. No reply yet, I'm sure he's just busy or hasn't checked his inbox.

Australia

My 256M Flash carts are again available!

My LSDJ patch now allows seamless 128K SRAM access with up to 3 copies of LSDJ per cart plus hundreds of other ROM's (total of 16 unique SRAM allotments for ROM's that require their own SRAM)

Get in quick and grab yourself 1,2 or more BennVenn(256M) carts!

As always, proof of LSDJ registration is required, and you are welcome to send me your personal ROM compilation to add to the cart.

Cart Reader/Writers are available through Ninstrument.Com - I wont have much spare time to assemble and test them in the coming weeks so head there if you are looking for the Reader/Writers + Cart Combo's.

I've ordered a large number of these so I can pass the discounts on to you, and with our LOW Aussie Dollar, these are more affordable than ever!

256M Carts -
AUD$35 ea 1-3pcs
AUD$30 ea 4-6pcs
AUD$25 ea 7+ pcs
Free Postage WorldWide - Additional costs if Express/Tracking is requested

Ben

SYD

pm'd

Australia

Pm'd back

Świdnica, Poland

PM'd.