United states

So Im pretty new to the whole chiptunes scene and I wanna mod my gameboy pocket, I wanted to know if its possible to add a 1/4" jack to my gameboy. Any tutorial Ive seen on pockets used 1/8" inch, still I just wanted to know if/how its possible to add a 1/4" jack, and if there's other cool pocket mods you'd like to share feel free.

Love the crunchy bass from the pocket!  Specially modified a synthboy just for it!

Taichung, Taiwan

If I were to do a 1/4" stereo jack, I would have a cable running out of the Pocket with a 1/4" female stereo plug at the end of it.

After modding numerous gameboy consoles, There is no way of shoving a 1/4" jack into the Pocket unless you decide to run the pocket off an A/C adapter and somehow shove a 1/4" jack into the battery tray area.

United states

Whoa that synth boy looks sooo sick. And I think thats what I'll do just have the cable run out of it. If I were to do a pitch mod to my GB pocket would I be able to make an internal one where the GB's speaker is or is making an external the best way to go?

Taichung, Taiwan

You do realize how much a synth boy costs right?

United states

Yea I went to the website, looks cool but not something Id investy money into.

Last edited by TheStev (Nov 20, 2014 4:10 am)

Michigan
TheStev wrote:

Whoa that synth boy looks sooo sick. And I think thats what I'll do just have the cable run out of it. If I were to do a pitch mod to my GB pocket would I be able to make an internal one where the GB's speaker is or is making an external the best way to go?

Yeah, the speaker replacement is easiest.

Michigan

You can see that I also added a small switch to kill the clock mod when needed.

United states

Whoa thats cool! Where'd you get the pitch mod from? Ive checked thursday customs but idk if it'll be to big for my case.

Michigan
TheStev wrote:

Whoa thats cool! Where'd you get the pitch mod from? Ive checked thursday customs but idk if it'll be to big for my case.

gotlofi

Alive and well in fucksville

gEtlofi is still selling pitch mods?

Michigan

looks like thy're sold out ATM.

United states

So I got my LED backlight placed and I turned it on and it lit up pink (color I chose) turned it off for a few minutes went to turn it on again and it wont start not even the red LED turns on. Does this mean I have to resolder the backlight cause its not getting enough contact with the PCB?

United states

Fresh batteries are being used just bought em