Russia

Hellaw~
I'm spiritwaffle and i've been making music for years, but recently i have been getting more and more into chipmusic
so i decided to go ahead and dive in. So far this forum has been answering all of my questions without any hassle therefore i decided to join.

cya around~

Chips & Dip :3

Hi I'm a guy who makes a bleep bloop fer da nintendoop gaemboop

too ov em

UK, Leicester
pinkachyu wrote:

um hi ._. i haven't been on a forum in years..
my name's pinkachyu. i just discovered chiptunes.. two weeks ago? and I'm in love. i've never been so passionate about something in my life before, and I want to know everything there is to know about chiptunes and maybe make some friends?  I'm starting to save up so I can get some music making software and hardware.. all I have right now is a very yucky laptop and freeware (which isn't too bad for a complete beginner.) so um.. hi ._.

literally pretty much all you need is a laptop that can run famitracker or OpenMPT to get started

Illinois

Hi! I'm Charles from the U.S.
I've been a lover of game music since I've been playing them on NES. Notable games being TMNT, Batman, Castlevania, and Goonies 2. Always had those tunes running through my mind as a kid. I've been interested in chiptune since that whole gameboy music explosion went down in the UK. Got more interested in Japanese chiptune artists over time (kplecraft, prof. skmt, hally, robokabuto, etc..) and now I'd really love to make my own.
heart

Detroit

Hey gang,
I've been here before on and off, blah blah. Here's what I've been working on lately.

I usually work in nanoloop with some synced volcas, but I've been working on learning lgpt.

https://soundcloud.com/stefan-carr/jeux

Detroit, MI

I'm going to be learning how to make some chiptunes for my senior project, because I love dabbling in new genres. Let's see what the future holds.

The Netherlands

To anyone reading this, hi! I'm C'est Tiny Katz though I've gone by several monikers in the past. In yesteryears I was active on the MSX and mod scene. Highlights include coming 3rd in some compo and a random bloke on Nectarine saying they liked one of my songs... yikes

Hey guys, my name's Kael Tudor and I make music under World 1-2. I've been making music for years and been in a lot of different bands, but it's only recently that I've decided to channel my creative output into chip music. I try to make ambient, relaxed sounds!

https://world1-2.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by World 1-2 (Oct 18, 2014 10:57 am)

Nicaragua

Hey Guys! I'm new here big_smile My name is Miguel Lopez, i'm from nicaragua and i love chiptune music big_smile It's great to be here big_smile I use Alesis QX49 Midi controller and AIR Ignite Software to make my songs big_smile If you wanna hear my work, check my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/bleepercat
Nice to meet you!

NYC

My name's Isaac Atif and I'm a filmmaker with a specialty in cinematography & scriptwriting. Most recently I've been into production of machinimas, which relates to why I'm here. I want to learn composition of chiptune scores for short film/video. I just need some resources for Mac. You can check my work out here if you'd like. www.youtube.com/melroph
Cowabunga!

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:32 am)

Western Australia

Howdy, folks!

Been lurking for a while, and figured it's time to take the plunge. I mainly go by HeavyViper (or some mutation of it) all over the 'net. I have an long-running obsession with video games, which also ignited a passion for music early on, albeit one I've only realized I had recently.

I'm currently finishing an audio production degree (might be posting some surveys soon :S), which has been pretty invigorating on a creative level. I've been experimenting with chip music for the past few years, and recently I've been adding a few DAWs to my arsenal, including Reason and Pro Tools (ugh). Still learning a lot at this point, but I'm hoping to get some kind of sound design or composition work going in the future.

Pleased to meet y'all!

Chicago, IL

I realized I never did an intro thing. I'm a indie game composer and developer who left his normal day job about two years ago to do music full time. Although in the last year I've gotten back into freelance programming for some more stability. I'm sort of obsessed with retro stuff, I run a blog about old video games, emulation, chiptune bands and any other thing that appeals to children of the 80s. I don't really perform live anymore but I do play guitar and drums on many of my professional commissions.

I'm not super well known as a composer but I have enough loyal clients to pay the bills. I'm best known for the Cognitile and Rubicon soundtracks. I'm not gonna use this post to get hits so if you care, you can google to find my blog, business and games I've worked on. I work with DJ Cutman sometimes and write for his blog video game dj. I like all kinds of chiptune, most of the time BoTB radio is playing in my house when I'm programming and I love any shoegaze/post rock styled fusion. I do some stuff with LsDJ but mostly I use Plogue Chipsounds just for expediency (heresay!).

I also enjoy fitness and have two insane cats and a cool wife as coworkers.

Chicago, IL
collurio229 wrote:

Hello there!

I'm a programmer (actually I'm still studying) and digital artist who just discovered Chiptunes recently, but since then I rarely listened to anything else big_smile.
I'm from Germany and I plan to make some videos about Chiptune music on Youtube. Maybe I'll even make some tracks myself, but since I'm not really a musician, don't expect too much wink.
If you're interested you can checkout my Youtube channel or my soundcloud.

Greetings,
collurio229

I have yet to meet a good programmer who DOESN'T like chiptune. Some random guy at my old job noticed me humming megaman one day..turns out he was like a senior dev for the company.

settle

Hey! I'm dj_haka big_smile

I've been following the chiptune scene for a while now (since 2006?!), but mostly from the sidelines. Thought I'd try getting more involved! I'm more of a pixel artist (a few samples below), but I recently picked up LSDJ to see what I can do with it.

^_^ Pleasure to meet you!

Port Huron, MI

WHATS UP HOMIES. i use to roam around 8bc before it went down, now i just lurk here alot, ive been producing for five years, i never really posted in here so i just wanted to say hello! so..... hello! i am reborn.nsf and behind reborn.nsf is a humble male named "zach j. ulrich"
stay golden my friends

LONG LIVE CHIP MUCSIC!

-ulrich

https://soundcloud.com/rebornnsf

https://rebornnsf.bandcamp.com/