tekis

Hello!

I have made two covers in LSDJ (Seven Nation Army and Happy) and, while I am more or less satisfied with them as a newbie, I feel like there's some more fixing up that can be done with each song.

For Seven Nation Army (0:53 on) I am trying to transition to more harsher, cymbal-like noises but I'm not entirely sure how well I've achieved that. EDIT: I have updated Happy and improved upon some of its weaker aspects but I'm a little bit wary about the Pulse 2 channel; should I make it quieter and/or just change it altogether? If I could have some advice on how to fix up these niggling issues that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by \{ (Nov 24, 2014 2:33 am)

Douglas, Wyoming

Definitally needs some more creative instruments. As a rule you should almost never use the default instrument sound, try to add some variety to every sound to make it more personal and unique. Also making your bass drums in other channels makes for a more punchy sound (a la sabrepulse LSDJ YouTube tutorial). The table is your friend, love it, cherish it, marry it. Er..I mean just use it a lot.

you are covering a live bass player, one of the best. Converting him into a plain synth like that is a mistake. BUT!!!! if you can add some variation to it so it sounds more like a human playing it or just more BASSY it will be great. My advice is to use a wav synth that has the Start with a volume around 30-40 and a lowpass quite low, with a q of 1/2. have the end point a little bit higher in volume but not much, with a much higher or slightly lower filter cutoff. then use F commands to shape the bass subtly and also SMALL D commands to make it not so rigid on the beat, it needs a little swing but a groove will porbbaly mess it up so slight delays on some notes gives it a more natural groove.

Happy - add drum variations, some rolls and drops at the start or end of a 4/8 bar section and again you need to spice up the instruments