Unsubscribe

That's a great team, really psyched about the progress.

Tokyo, Japan

Thumbs up for animal style! Dude knows his stuff!

The official Beta Team is comprised of the following members:

starpause
L-Tron
Lazerbeat
animalstyle
Jansaw
the mist toggles
defiantsystems

I'm no longer accepting any more Beta Testing requests as it's best to keep the Team small.

Beta Testers, there will soon be a system in place where you can download the latest version and upload bug reports all in one place. This will be separate from Chipmusic.org, that way it'll be easier for me to manage bug reports and for you to download the latest version. I will let you know more when we get to that point. Thank you for becoming a part of the development team.

ADSR Envelope display is coming along, we have the Attack line drawing working and it doesn't look quite right!

São Paulo, Brazil
CountSymphoniC wrote:

the mist toggles

aka FM SURGEON.

Canada

Great! Looking forward to it:)

that vibrato is sounding awesome. also, that algorithm menu! so psyched!

Last edited by L-tron (Nov 23, 2014 8:59 pm)

Amazing Project! This is something I waited for more than one decade ^_^ . Recently I bought a chinese gaming console called Mega 3-X (by Firecore) . It's basically a hardware sega genesis clone/emulator with no slot for cartridges, but an SD card for loading roms (.bin archives) . I am not sure if such console includes a .sav option ( I suspect it doesnt ) I already tested a bit the 0.20 available version of Prodigy (YMDj) and i think it mostly worked...

Sorry my english, i am a spanish speaker. Will maybe Prodigy be able to run on such console? I offer myself to test the Prodigy rom if it is useful to the project in some way.

I also tested a program to test sega sounds (by another developer) but it doesnt include even a little sequencer/tracker. just single tones.

Thanks to everyone!

Last edited by neotericz (Nov 27, 2014 8:51 pm)

neotericz wrote:

Recently I bought a chinese gaming console called Mega 3-X (by Firecore) . It's basically a hardware sega genesis clone/emulator with no slot for cartridges, but an SD card for loading roms (.bin archives) . I am not sure if such console includes a .sav option ( I suspect it doesnt ) I already tested a bit the 0.20 available version of Prodigy (YMDj) and i think it mostly worked...

Sorry my english, i am a spanish speaker. Will maybe Prodigy be able to run on such console? I offer myself to test the Prodigy rom if it is useful to the project in some way.

Only one other person besides myself has access to version 0.20, I'm interested in knowing how you managed to get ahold of it. smile

Testing on Chinese clones like that hold no guarantees. Especially when the hardware is emulated.
I'm willing to bet that it will not work well if at all.

Seriously now, how could you have possibly tested v 0.20? smile

Québec

Maybe they meant v 0.02?

Nick Walrus wrote:

Maybe they meant v 0.02?

Possibly.

ADSR envelopes now draw to screen and look magnificient. Does anyone here love retro graphics? The ADSR envelopes are very retro and chip looking, they might remind some of you of Atari or C64. We're chip artists, who needs anti aliased lines anyways? wink

Hey CountSymphonic, thanks for the response! Sorry my mistake of version, i tested the only available version around i found. Is it 0.02 ?
Btw, the Mega 3-x by Firecore worked mostly good, no instrument or song build were showed in the program. Anyway, i think that console have no memory for saving "game play" so... will be not capable of saving songs i think... I think i will have to try DefleMask if i want to compose music in that hardware. I am interested on it (mega 3-x since it is one of the cheapest "synthesizer" capable machines around. just will need to work the songs in a pc before, that is not cool. Thanks! Congratulations for the project and cheers !! smile

London

I for one can say that i'm very excited for this project :-)

I'm really stoked to this happening! Been waiting 2 years on a Gen MDM, thinkin it's time to just let that one go. If you need this tested on different revisions of Genesis, I have Genny 1, 2, 3, and also an X'eye, Nomad, and a CDX. I have experience with LSDJ and Famitracker, and if the rom works on an Everdrive I have that as well. Regardless, thanks for your hard work!

Australia

This is going to be rad.  It's a head screw moving between emulated trackers and hardware with so many things that are slightly different!  Especially the slightly differing tunings and sample weirdness.

Can't wait to get this ROM in the mega drive and give it a go!

cTrix wrote:

This is going to be rad.  It's a head screw moving between emulated trackers and hardware with so many things that are slightly different!  Especially the slightly differing tunings and sample weirdness.

Can't wait to get this ROM in the mega drive and give it a go!

Indeed it is, when I first tested Prodigy on real hardware there were many problems non existent in emulators. Emulators are way too generous.

I'm in the middle of pushing for a public demo release. So maybe you will get to try it out soon.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Dec 17, 2014 6:41 pm)

SLC, UT

Last weekend, I bought a model 1 Genesis specifically for this!

Can't wait!