Hello!

I wanted to know if the save format for pulsar was documented somewhere.
Thx!

Unsubscribe

There is some details here:
http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=428

While we're talking about it. Does anybody know if Pulsar is in continued development or is the project more of an "as is" kind of thing?

Michigan

Are you using a nes with a cart, or an emulator? I'm pretty sure that, either way, it's going to be a .sav file. For example, I use pulsar on the powerpak and it writes as a .sav when I hold down reset for 4 seconds. I think it needs a blank 32kb sav file named identically as the rom you're using. That's really all I know atm.

And I do think it's kind of as is. I haven't talked to him personally, but most of the files are years old, so it appears that way.

While we're on the topic of Neil's fantastic work, have any of you guys messed with PR8? I was trying to get somewhere with it because it seems a lot like nanoloop for nes. I'd love to hear some work out of that if you guys know anyone that rocks it.

Last edited by infodrive (Nov 22, 2014 4:56 am)

West Yorks, UK

yo infodrive, il hit you up with some as soon as i get me a TV with a headphone socket..... its a beast. nothing like nanoloop. more like rebirth. the way voices can share channels and having parameter locks ala Elektron gear is incredible.

Michigan
Domu wrote:

yo infodrive, il hit you up with some as soon as i get me a TV with a headphone socket..... its a beast. nothing like nanoloop. more like rebirth. the way voices can share channels and having parameter locks ala Elektron gear is incredible.

Hell yes. Stoked to hear some stuff out of it! I need to learn how to properly make instruments as I've glitched it out several times just clicking around.

West Yorks, UK

yeah the problem for me is the single save file, its really easy to fuck your song up! on the emulator i repeatedly deleted my sav file to start from fresh.

herr_prof wrote:

There is some details here:
http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=428

Thx but that doesn't tell me how different instruments, noted and parameters are stored.

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Also been messing with the PR8, and totally agree that it's awesome.
Some steep learning curve, but possibilities are great !

Michigan
Domu wrote:

yeah the problem for me is the single save file, its really easy to fuck your song up! on the emulator i repeatedly deleted my sav file to start from fresh.

You should get a Dropbox so you can restore previous versions of the save file! Or, you could copy the rom/sav and name them as your song so the confusion is minimal. This also applies to using it on a flash cart. Multiple roms, named as songs, with corresponding saves.