Unsubscribe

Huoratron did it.

Puerto Rico

I enjoyed the album way more than I did the review so IAYD-1 TND-0

Liverpool, UK

bring back da IAYD writing chipjazz era thumps up if u agree

Earth

I say just let people take what they want from this album. If Crystal Castles is their best reference point, that's okay. It shouldn't have to be explained anyway.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:37 pm)

Gosford, Australia

i think what he means is that the general public's idea of chip music isnt going to be spoiled just because they have crystal castles as their chip music exemplar.

Crystal Castles... lol

thank you based iayd

Earth
Feryl wrote:
breakphase wrote:

If Crystal Castles is their best reference point, that's okay. It shouldn't have to be explained anyway.

???

If it's a good album, it should be appreciable without understanding it within the context of the scene.

VictoryRoad wrote:

i think what he means is that the general public's idea of chip music isnt going to be spoiled just because they have crystal castles as their chip music exemplar.

You understood my ramblings!

Sometimes I think being jaded makes me enjoy this music LESS. I envy naive album reviewers.

Last edited by breakphase (Nov 28, 2014 1:36 pm)

Chicago

I thought his review was fine. Let's be real; chipmusic is a very small piece of the entire world of music. It is a hard musical concept for most to grasp. This guy did grasp it. He reviewed the release professionally, while choosing his words to acknowledge his audience's likely limited exposure to chipmusic. If someone from inside the scene did a review like that on such a large scale, yeah, there should be some concern.

Over the last couple of years, we've talked a lot about chipmusic presence outside of our bubble.
Yet, we have reactions like this when it happens.
Chipmusic is weird. It will be misunderstood.
Just keep making good shit. Eventually, everyone else will figure it out.

buffalo, NY

Well put

Douglas, Wyoming

I think we've all now seen that thebasebit recordings is the top of the top for chiptune releases. With Trey Frey's monster refresh, Fvck video games, and now IAYD. They're chiptune goliaths now no doubt

Unsubscribe

Now if they could only work on that name!