First of all, hello, I'm new on this forum. (yep, that's all)

Here it's the track:

https://soundcloud.com/wolfist/ponder

I've made some songs and remixes before ( https://soundcloud.com/nqw - I won't use that account anymore due to that bad name and e-mail problems) but it's like I ran out of ideas. The only thing I liked is the intro, the rest of the song seems "meh" for me.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by WolFist (Nov 25, 2014 5:02 am)

Detroit, MI

I thought it was pretty good! To me, I kept waiting for one of the transitions to jump into a whimsical melody! You should try playing the song and just mess around on the keyboard and overdub some notes (jiggily-jangles)! Also, do you have the 32-bit float on? Your song, unless you did it yourself, is compensating for the change in volume after the rise after the intro. It might sit well with the track limiter, but I was expecting an increase in volume and energy, and it dropped out right there.

Good stuff though, I work in FL Studio as well, mostly for non-chip stuff, but I do compose LSDJ tunes in it! Hit me up if you need anything~

Nursey wrote:

I thought it was pretty good! To me, I kept waiting for one of the transitions to jump into a whimsical melody! You should try playing the song and just mess around on the keyboard and overdub some notes (jiggily-jangles)! Also, do you have the 32-bit float on? Your song, unless you did it yourself, is compensating for the change in volume after the rise after the intro. It might sit well with the track limiter, but I was expecting an increase in volume and energy, and it dropped out right there.

Good stuff though, I work in FL Studio as well, mostly for non-chip stuff, but I do compose LSDJ tunes in it! Hit me up if you need anything~

Thanks! I never knew what that "32-bit float" thing does until now lol
Next week my keyboard will be fixed, so I can throw stuff and make something, at least to get a melody. Thanks again for the CC. (and sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm from Argentina)

United States

Wolfist, I like how you syncopated the harmonic motion through the middle section. Solid stuff, keep it up.

Michael's Music wrote:

Wolfist, I like how you syncopated the harmonic motion through the middle section. Solid stuff, keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback!
PS: Your stuff is awesome smile

Douglas, Wyoming

actually pretty rad, really dig the drums

Monotron wrote:

actually pretty rad, really dig the drums

Thanks mate :]

Sounds like a sega game, well done.
I think its a great track dunno why you're worried!
only bit that I would change is the bit from 1:22 onwards gets a bit repetitive. This wouldnt be a problem if it was game music but I think its pleasure music so maybe add a lead over the top or a change in the arp!
really like the last note too

JodyBigfoot wrote:

Sounds like a sega game, well done.
I think its a great track dunno why you're worried!
only bit that I would change is the bit from 1:22 onwards gets a bit repetitive. This wouldnt be a problem if it was game music but I think its pleasure music so maybe add a lead over the top or a change in the arp!
really like the last note too

Thanks for the CC! I'm kinda perfectionist, that's why making chiptune takes me too long (besides being lazy tongue)
And definitely I'll have to add a lead.

It's better if you dig the drum more slightly. But overall. it sounds good

Last edited by lucynguyen (Jan 5, 2015 2:57 am)

lucynguyen wrote:

It's better if you dig the drum more slightly. But overall. it sounds good

Thanks, I'm glad you listened to it smile