France

Hi ! smile

I am a beginner with Nanoloop 2.6, before starting to compose with a gba, i made some trap beats on logicproX.

My request : How to make triplet note or sixteenth note hi hat ? essential for trap music

For example hi hat like IAYD, Monodeer, Boaconstructor, knife city and more smile

thank you in advance for your answer heart

and if smb compose/know artist chiptrap, chrap, chipbass, whatever u call that, I'll take it smile

Antwerp, Belgium

Hello Pibs,

Welcome to the community!
I think making the very fast trap hihats is impossible on the current version of nanoloop 2.x. You can approximate it by working in double time (140 BPM for trap). The artists you mentioned all use LSDJ and the R command to get the fast rolls (this is in fact very easy in LSDJ). Unfortunately there is no LSDJ equivalent for GBA (yet)

I make some kind of hiphop/trap whatever beats also with LSDJ: www.soundcloud.com/vegas-diamond
There's also dauragon, who also makes hiphop with nanoloop (1, on GB): http://music.dauragon.com/

West Yorks, UK

it is possible. not so intuitive;

use track multiplier (ie 2x, 4x , 8x pattern length) then a mixture of note offset and retrigger commands. this at least works for nano 2.3 / 1.3/1.5
the note offset function was usually found by pressing start on the retrig command.

this may all be different on new nanoloops, but hey,it may help. And i cant see why such an essential feature would be dropped given that it was the the only way to program swing of any kind

after playing With nanoloop and lsdj a lot over the past month I would advise LSDJ for making trap style beats, but nanoloop is just as capable, but maybe a little less easy to do so, and also harder to make super fat bass synths With. thats just my experience so far though, i reckon I\d given nanoloop the time i had LSDJ thus far i would have some better nanoloop advice

Seattle, WA
Vegasdiamond wrote:

Hello Pibs,

Welcome to the community!
I think making the very fast trap hihats is impossible on the current version of nanoloop 2.x. You can approximate it by working in double time (140 BPM for trap). The artists you mentioned all use LSDJ and the R command to get the fast rolls (this is in fact very easy in LSDJ). Unfortunately there is no LSDJ equivalent for GBA (yet)

I make some kind of hiphop/trap whatever beats also with LSDJ: www.soundcloud.com/vegas-diamond
There's also dauragon, who also makes hiphop with nanoloop (1, on GB): http://music.dauragon.com/

Someone needs to hear all that new boa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJO164EYBhY

France

First of all, thanks for your answer smile

i tried to do this, but i can't find the retrigger command on 2.6, make trap, that seems complicated on nanoloop.

Dire Hit wrote:

Someone needs to hear all that new boa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJO164EYBhY

really dope and loud, he uses a gba, nanoloop 2.X, and he makes good trap beats ! I am hopeful

delay

Pibs wrote:

My request : How to make triplet note or sixteenth note hi hat ? essential for trap music

Two solutions:

- The "delay" function (rightmost parameter in the menu: left/right=panning, up/down=delay). With START you can adjust wether to play the original note, too. Resolution is 16 steps, so if you set delay to 8, it plays exactly at a 1/32 note. In combination with the original note, you get a drumroll at double speed.
If you adjust delay for the entire pattern from within the menu, only the even steps are modified so that you get a swing.

- Arpeggio with retrigger (activate with left front button). To allow for clap sounds, the arp plays at double speed in the noise channel, so to get anything rhythmic, at should play at 1/2 speed or slower.

In both cases, use short envelopes.

In nanoloop 1.7, these techniques don't work. You can use a table for noise arpeggio instead that looks like this: 0F0F0F0F. The F turns off sound, so you get gated noise that you can play at different speeds. No envelope though.