Italy

@domu: actually this has been discussed in this thread already. While I agree with you that the naming can be deceiving (it confused me as well at the beginning) it's also true that in chipmusic chords have traditionally been rendered as quick arpeggios and that often are reffered to as "chord arps".
So the name could still stay, maybe it's just a matter to describe its functionality better, specifying that it's an app intended to produce arpeggios.

This said I think that it should be feasible to make it play simultaneous notes on at least 3 channels and have the arp mode as something you can turn on and off.

humbleTUNE wrote:

Well it was never the reason for making chord and it is not why I named it chord. That being said I very much would like to see chord evolve and if I can think of how to do it in an intuative and playable way, I will do it. I am very open to ideas and suggestions.

Cheers smile

ERik

Well its more than possible to make a decent chord with the two pulse channels and the wav channel together, the trick is to make a synth on the wav channel that is similar to the pulse sounds or can harmonise with them well without sounding like a completely different thing.

Chord is close to being exactly what im missing, if it had a good way of customising the wav channel sound to resonate with the two pulses, and a sequencer that could be linked to other trackers, even if it were a super simple one- just to play a 4/8/16 bar loop of chord progression, it would be perfffect.

West Yorks, UK

rumpelfilter / jodybigfoot. yah yah I know it should be possible, I just missed the third page of this thread and had only been interested in arps the few times ive cracked chord out for a play. I thought id just missed how to assign notes to the other channels to make them play simutaneously.

yep arps are fine, and dev could stop and this still be a mighty useful little application.

but yeah, for me, if you could figure out how to incorporate the other pulse and the wave channel (even with the wave fixed to square or 25 / 75 % pulse width) to acheive what JodyBigfoot keeps describing (and what i was originally describing in that thread I linked pages back) it would be off the hook, add midi note triggers to these simultaneaous chords and its heaven.

Anyway, I guess mGB can acheive the chords we speak of,its just a little clunky (and no option for dpad-controlled operation)

Keep up the good work, nobody is meaning to nag you for more features Erik!

(Would love to try the iOS apps also, but sinusoid is the only one that'l work on my ancient iPad sad though it has been on my list for a fair while. interesting choice with the sines as opposed to more typical 2x square 1x triangle type of dealio. care to tell me anything about it? not much demo-age out there on the internet!)

Sweden/UK

Cheers guys for writing, really appreciate it. I have been doing some experimenting over the weekend. It took me a while to work out but I think eventually I hit on something that sounds and feels ok to play. I will need a few days though to get the settings right for it, I think.

@Domu Sinusoid is a 4 channel tracker. It has three channels with different waves, like sinusoid, square, trianlge, saw and pulse and a drum channel with samples or noise. Then there are some effects like arpeggiator,  tape delay, sample rate crush and bit crush. It does stuff like midi in, audio bus, .aiff export and soundcloud upload. iPad 2 and up should be fine if you have that. I'll send you a promo code.

Cheers

ERik

West Yorks, UK

exciting news on both fronts!

yeah looking forward to seeing this develop i really think it could be a steady competitor in the tracker market with a bit of sequencing and syncing joy

West Yorks, UK

(its not a tracker! and sync is fine via both teensy (i hear,) and arduinoboy (have tested))

but yeah it sure could. I mean it competes with pixelh8 performer, muddGB and the like very favourably at the moment. (ie destroys them)

For me it looks as though it could be the main rival to mGB one day (and much much more flexible)

Last edited by Domu (Dec 8, 2014 3:53 pm)

I guess i meant sync with just a gameboy cable like lsdj and nanoloop can

Italy

Cool think Eric! Keep us posted! It might end up replacing my current sequencer > arduinoboy > DMG setup for some of our tracks.

Sweden/UK

Coolio. I hope you guys will not be too disappointed. I'm don't think I will make chord into a sequencer, it is too far away from the initial idea I think. I want it more to like an instrument and not something you program and press play. Plus lsdj and nanoloop both do sequencing already very good.

At this stage I will add the ability to play with the three voices. Later I think I want to look into doing full midi note triggering.

Cheers. smile

ERik

Australia

Cheers Erik.  This a great piece of software :-)

Sweden/UK

Thanks @cTrix. smile Also a new build is up, adding 3 channel polyphonic mode. It is the same link as before, http://www.humbletune.com/chord/.

Cheers

ERik

West Yorks, UK

I LOVE YOU ERik!! Cant wait!
Hey man, if you go to the Gogo penguin / mammal hands show in Manc in Feb, let me know and il buy you a pint there wink

Last edited by Domu (Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm)

rumpelfilter wrote:

Cool think Eric! Keep us posted! It might end up replacing my current sequencer > arduinoboy > DMG setup for some of our tracks.

no mate theres much respect for you all the way, it's your baby! all your decision means is i need another gameboy and cart ha ha

Last edited by JodyBigfoot (Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm)

Italy
humbleTUNE wrote:

Thanks @cTrix. smile Also a new build is up, adding 3 channel polyphonic mode. It is the same link as before, http://www.humbletune.com/chord/.

YES!!!! downloading now!

JodyBigfoot wrote:

no mate theres much respect for you all the way, it's your baby! all your decision means is i need another gameboy and cart ha ha

was that supposed to be a reply to my comment? If it is, I don't get it sorry...

France (au milieu)
rumpelfilter wrote:

all your decision means is i need another gameboy and cart ha ha

start to think the same smile

been playing with this chord thing a bit... it's really really a cool ''missing link'' for someone like me who's more an instrumentist than pure programmer...
i'm not able to get the whole sounds subtelties out of it yet, but I clearly can see it aside to LSDJ for some ''melodic impro'' parts

that's actually the only soft that remains on the ''b face'' of my card''

cheers for all the work on it then wink