Lookin at this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330911805068?_t … EBIDX%3AIT

I have a thing for clear cases.

West Yorks, UK

you definitely do not need pots to tweak bassline and monosynth, whoever said that doesn't know what they're on about. you navigate the params with the keyboard and alter with the joystick 1 if u lack pots!

West Yorks, UK

also you can save with a datasette (tape) for c64. i think people into chipmusic like to spend waay too much money on gear and not actually make any tracks with it, for he most part!

I'm excited because today I received my SD2iec in the mail!  I'm going to test it out when I get home from work,  but I don't really know how to use it.  It came with a pre formatted SD card,  so I don't have to do that stuff... But I can't find any info on how to use it with MSSIAH...

Can anybody offer any tips on using the SD2iec with MSSIAH? First off,  where does it plug in?  In port 1,  port 2? Serial port?  I'm assuming,  perhaps wrongly,  that I can just attach it to my C,  insert the SD card,  and go to file ---> save,  etc.  to save songs in the sequencer.. But how do I then access those files later?  By choosing "load" from the file menu?  Or do I need to type stuff on that blue startup screen? :/

Forgive my ignorance but I've never really used discs with my C64 before,  just music carts.  And I know very little about using a C64,  obviously ;) Any help offered is greatly appreciated!  I'm very excited to start creating some C64 chiptune!  Thanx!

Edit:  i meant Prophet 64,  not MSSIAH.. Same difference though,  I believe.

Last edited by RJL (Dec 19, 2014 9:43 pm)

Australia

On our (old model) we plugged it into the tape drive for power and the diskdrive interface port for coms.

I've only used an SD2iec once and I recall using DOS Wedge on the BASIC startup screen. http://ilesj.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/t … ng-sd2iec/

You'll have to mount the disk image on the SD2iec then power off, put the cart in, and power up again as far as I can guess.  Personally, I use a second C64 and an 1541u to do my saving and loading with the MSSIAH.  Looked at doing the tape load / save thing but it really was just too hard and buggy! 

Yes, you just use "Load" and "Save" from the menu and it works fine. :-)

Domu wrote:

also you can save with a datasette (tape) for c64. i think people into chipmusic like to spend waay too much money on gear and not actually make any tracks with it, for he most part!

Hahahaha.... yeah.  I'm up around $5000 on hardware between flash carts for about 8 platforms and things like Lynx dev kits, etc.  The MSSIAH cart is the one thing I've hardly ever used.  I used it once for a show, and accidently hotplugged something while I was setting up and blew up my SID chip.  I only ever use it in the studio now - maybe once a year - and just sample myself noodling around.

So on that front be super super careful when plugging ANYTHING in or out on the C64 with it powered on and off.