Hello how's everybody doing?

I've been wracking my brains a bit on this arduinoboy project for the a couple of days, I've overcome 90% of my build issues from reading various threads on this board but I haven't been able to find my solution yet here's my set up and symptoms:

I am using MGB and attempting to operate it through FL studio via the MIDI out, port is set correctly, channel is set to 1, I've sequenced quarter step C5s as a test and am playing the pattern.

On my breadboard I am set in mode 5(MGB) I have indicator 13 lit in addition to the 'L' led on the arduino. LED 12 blinks in time to the beat, leading me to believe that at least the midi in circuit is functioning as intended. However I am receiving no sound from the gameboy with MGB running.

I may be missing something stupid in the settings of FL studio, and that'd be awesome, especially if anyone can point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong, but more likely it seems like the gameboy isn't receiving commands from the arduino.

With respect to the link cable between the arduino and gameboy I am using a DMG-04 which I have modified as per Trash80s ground->5v spec and am using the pin layout for the DMG-04 as per the spec provided in this thread http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8465/ … tutorials/ eg Red to analog 2 and orange to analog 1, I have tried switching them but it didn't seem to do anything.

That's about it, except maybe I'll mention that earlier I was having troubles with powering the circuit via battery with the modified cable which I solved by grounding the DIN port to the common ground on the gameboy, it's the only thing I have done that I haven't been able to find any documentation on the internet about so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for your time.

Hey,

Try holding B and pressing A as discussed in this thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/14923 … weirdness/

I solved the issue, it was where I was grounding, unsoldered my ground wire and ran it to the ground on the breadboard and it works now smile