** Both keyboards now sold **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,
             I bought 3 of the mini black keyboards shown in the photograph below. I was intending to make 3 keyboards out of them and sell 2. I have finished one but not started the other two and am therefore selling them. I bought them at a computer shop and selling them for the price I paid.

They are USB/PS2 keyboards perfect for LSDJ. Boxed and in brand new condition

I am looking for £10 plus postage.

If you are interested leave a comment below.

Last edited by Anonymouse (Jan 20, 2015 11:29 pm)

Redacted. Sorry.

Last edited by Beware (Jan 14, 2015 9:50 pm)

Michigan

I'm interested.
What's the preferred method for making one of these? It looks like it's just splicing a link cable and the keyboard cable together. Is there a cleaner way?
[Edit]
Looks like Kitsch has a product I'd be interested in: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_ps-2
Looks p nice. No need for an external power supply for the keyboard then?

Last edited by Kura (Jan 15, 2015 2:19 am)

Seattle, WA

They're kind of adorable tbh

France (au milieu)

Niiice...

they are great, i find working out melodies without any form of keyboard a nightmare sometimes.

10pounds is fair too. I might get one if you have some still in some time

JodyBigfoot wrote:

they are great, i find working out melodies without any form of keyboard a nightmare sometimes.

10pounds is fair too. I might get one if you have some still in some time

I still have 2 available.

Kura wrote:

I'm interested.
What's the preferred method for making one of these? It looks like it's just splicing a link cable and the keyboard cable together. Is there a cleaner way?
[Edit]
Looks like Kitsch has a product I'd be interested in: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_ps-2
Looks p nice. No need for an external power supply for the keyboard then?

No external power cable needed. I just cut a link cable in half and soldered the cable inside the keyboard. There are many tutorials online.

Michigan
Anonymouse wrote:

No external power cable needed. I just cut a link cable in half and soldered the cable inside the keyboard. There are many tutorials online.

Great, I'll buy one of the keyboards then. Seems like buying the port is the way to go if you don't already own a link cable though. Most of them are around $5-10. Plus, the cabling will be much cleaner.

Kura wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:

Great, I'll buy one of the keyboards then. Seems like buying the port is the way to go if you don't already own a link cable though. Most of them are around $5-10. Plus, the cabling will be much cleaner.

Send me a PM with your country and I will give you a final price.

I would suggest getting the link cable if you have the electrical skills. As it is soldered onto the board inside it gives a much better end result. If you havent soldered before I wouldnt suggest it as you may get confused when fault finding which cables go where.

The photos I have shown of this item are actually old ones when I was building the unit. I have used it extensively since then whilst traveling the world.

Last edited by Anonymouse (Jan 18, 2015 7:05 pm)

Michigan

Sure thing.

As for the link cable, I already ordered an easy_ps/2. I do have all the tools necessary to do this with a link cable if I had one though. As for soldering experience, I have none. However, looking over guides and other stuff online, it doesn't look too difficult.