BennVenn wrote:

Xuriik, my Lego Block Linker can transfer a 128K save in or out of the Gameboy in under 30seconds, I'd say the dongle would match if not beat that speed as it's not having to re-transmit over serial.

I'll start a new thread documenting the entire design and construction process. There are a few options to consider, mostly power (not a problem with the GBC as 5v is fed out the port - but becomes a bit more creative on the DMG) Anyway, Keep an eye out in the next day or two for the new thread

Ben

The DMG link port also has power on pin 1.
if you use a cable from an 4 player adapter that should work. or some after market cables that have pin 1 connected.

Australia

Yes, though no current link cables I have found have the pin fitted, and needs to be fitted manually. I've just used the GND pin, relocated it to pin one and use the shield as GND. Seems to work OK, though a corroded Link port might cause problems. I might just sacrifice one plug to make up 4 others with pin 1 fitted.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/15933 … ck-linker/

Australia

Cyberic,

The Bennvenn(256) can store 3 versions of LSDJ (Can fit 4 with a patch) which will store 4 128K saves (And many many other ROM's)

I can work on a LittleFM style program to provide the same features LittleFM does, but I think a Link port dongle is the way forward. Makes for easy transfers, backups and sharing as well as a whole lot more storage and isn't limited to the derp (which is one of the more higher priced carts)

BennVenn wrote:

Cyberic,

The Bennvenn(256) can store 3 versions of LSDJ (Can fit 4 with a patch) which will store 4 128K saves (And many many other ROM's)

I can work on a LittleFM style program to provide the same features LittleFM does, but I think a Link port dongle is the way forward. Makes for easy transfers, backups and sharing as well as a whole lot more storage and isn't limited to the derp (which is one of the more higher priced carts)

Ok that's clear, thanks.
So it will be possible to switch the LSDJ version, load a sav, make changes, and write the sav back to the cart?
So to sum up difference with the littleFM/dragn'derp combination, if I'm right :

* cons:
- 4 save slots instead of 8
- no gb to gb copy of sav files
- no standard usb mass storage

* pros:
- several different versions of lsdj in parallel
- ability to use other roms as well
- cheaper

About the linker, will it be able to load/save the SRAM from other carts?
Thx

Australia

Yes, it can load/save the SRAM from any cart running the patched version of LSDJ. Or you could grab a Reader/Writer from Ninstrument.com and get direct access to all the saves on any flash cart