Florida

Hey, all! I'm Sonus Silver. Been listening to chip music for about five years and making it for about four. I recently changed my alias from Crit Hit (not that I was well-known to begin with). I work with LSDJ (surprise!) and some of my music can be found here

http://www.pxl-bot.com/2012/01/pb064-cr … cense.html

and on my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sonusilver

Everyone, I have an announcement to make! I took a huge dump. Oh man it was huge.

Middle Class Bedroom

Hi, I'm Posten3, and I'm in the middle of modding two gameboy colors at the moment. I plan on making some songs in the next month or so using a gameboy camera and an LSDJ cart.

Bangladesh

Hello all, Its shumi here and I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you and hope to hear from you soon.

Hello!
   I'm completely new to chiptune production (if you don't count a bit of dabbling in Famitracker), but I've loved it for nearly my whole life and I figured now would be a good time to get my feet wet. I'm teaching myself to DJ (house/drumnbass/dubstep/glitch/chip) and I have a bit of trouble finding a variety of danceable chip music. If anyone could help point some out for me, it would be much appreciated. I also play around with Glitch Machine (madgarden iOS app), and I would love to talk to anyone who actually knows what that is. XD
   Anyways, best regards everyone. I hope to become an active and constructive member of this community.

Hey!
I'm new to making chip music, and music theory in general, but I've been listening to chip for years now. Finally decided to take the plunge and get myself an LSDJ cart, which I should be buying soon. I'm super excited.

Bangladesh

Hello All, Its always pleasure meet with the people of same niche. Hope to interact with you more smile

Austria, Europe

Hello, and greetings from austria.
I recently stumbled upon my gameboys and after listening to some patterns in nanoloop I came to the conclusion that I'll get into chipmusic again after taking a ~5 year break (and finally finish the songs I started years ago). We'll meet in other threads very soon, atleast I hope so.

Bronx, NY

Sup?
You dudes have an amazing community here. I hope I'll be able to contribute something useful. I'm an illustrator, poet, computer musician, dude... been using Plogue's Chipsounds for 3 years, checking out hardware options now. Just grabbed some GBs off of ebay, and dug out some other old consoles from storage. Check me out or not: https://soundcloud.com/deft-phantom

Last edited by Buronkusu_no_Majin (Feb 16, 2015 8:20 am)

Michigan

Hello; I guess since this is an introduction thread, I should introduce myself here. My name is Clif and I'm kinda late to the chiptunes scene, however being the musician I am and after my recent going to the Final Fantasy concert 'New Worlds', I decided to take back up the music I composed for a turn based game I was going to make from RPGMaker. The thing is, I have no idea what I am doing in the world of chiptunes, and have blindly tore open my CGB with the hopes of following an instructable guide to make it an instrument. Hope to have some music to share soon. Also hope to hear from many of you fellow enthusiast, and get some advice on what to do!

Bronx, NY

Welcome aboard Prince! That's dope, which version of RPG Maker are you using? Looking forward to seeing your work too! Be confident bruh, everyone starts somewhere!

Michigan

Thank you Buronkusu! I was using RPGMaker VX at the time. A friend of mine was moving to Maine, so he gave me his old computer that had the program installed. I was really in to it, making my own fantasy-based game, but the hard drive crashed and I had nothing left but the music I wrote on paper. So a co-worker showed me chiptunes, figured I re-transcribe my music on that and go from there. Wish I would have done this a few years ago sad back when groups like Piko Piko Detroit were around. Don't know much about LSDJ or how to actually start.

I went to your soundcloud Buronkusu. Very much enjoy the new take of music. Type of genre that intrigues me to the point where I can't stop listening.

Bronx, NY

Sweet, I used RM2K back in the day. I know exactly how that feels, my hard-drive crashed last year and I lost 2 years worth of music I had been working on. What's important is that you're taking action and not letting that passion fade!

Any plans to continue making games once you've arranged all your tracks?

I've been lurking and found these guides to LSDJ, let me know if they're helpful: https://www.youtube.com/user/LSDJguides
Also, if you haven't check the Nintendo Handhelds section here.

Thanks for listening bruh!

Chicago, IL

funny you mention rpg maker, that's what got me started too. i recently re-used one of those tracks for an upcoming game OST, its like 14 years old!

Michigan

There should be a RPGMaker topic on here big_smile

I'm most likely not going back to the trouble of writing my fifty pages of notes again and relearning the program. I loved it, don't get me wrong because it was fun at the time, but unfortunately I can not pull myself to do it. Music is my real passion, and I'll leave everything to the songs when it comes to telling the story. I thought if I do this chiptunes thing, and actually make a CD (and I am saying it like this because I am still new and I don't know how well or how long it will take me to learn the tools), I'll have a little booklet that describes the scene that the song represents with some 8-bit or 16-bit sprites and background. Cool idea I thought. I haven't gotten the programs yet; I am in the process of still re-writing my music to a single or dual melody.

Chicago, IL
Princedmorn wrote:

There should be a RPGMaker topic on here big_smile

I'm most likely not going back to the trouble of writing my fifty pages of notes again and relearning the program. I loved it, don't get me wrong because it was fun at the time, but unfortunately I can not pull myself to do it. Music is my real passion, and I'll leave everything to the songs when it comes to telling the story. I thought if I do this chiptunes thing, and actually make a CD (and I am saying it like this because I am still new and I don't know how well or how long it will take me to learn the tools), I'll have a little booklet that describes the scene that the song represents with some 8-bit or 16-bit sprites and background. Cool idea I thought. I haven't gotten the programs yet; I am in the process of still re-writing my music to a single or dual melody.

poke around the rpm maker forums,I'm sure you could sign on as a composer to a good project or two. just pick one that's already well underway.