Florida

Been working on this for a couple of weeks: http://chipmusic.org/sonus+silver/music … veelutions

Can someone recommend a way to strengthen up the song structure? Does it need strengthening, or am I too worried about it? Sometimes I feel like it wanders too much and only picks up during the bridge.

Also, is there anywhere I can get lsdj instrument patches for Pokémon sounds? I'm looking specifically for (guess what!) the eeveelutions.

Puerto Rico

I REALLY like the composition on this, and the use of rising envelopes! I'd say the kick you're using in the opening lasts a bit too long, I'd make it more subtle by cutting it off a few clicks earlier. I'm not that educated on theory, but the structure sounds pretty tight to my ears.

Regarding the kits, it's really easy to do them yourself, I have some pokemon kits (Diglett, Crobat, and Ludicolo), among other samples, that I've made myself. Here's a tutorial.

And here are some of the kits I've made.

Florida

Thanks for the feedback, Xuriik! If you mean what I think you mean when you say that the kick lasts too long, then I guess I can see what you're saying. I try not to make my kicks too short and jabby, though. I like a full deep bass kick.

As for making samples, I've done that myself with a few other games (Zelda, Kirby) and even with My Little Pony (see this: https://soundcloud.com/sonusilver/eques … w-groove). I shall defs check out your samples and may even make some of my own. Perhaps I can do a project where I just sample the entire pokédex and post it online, if that hasn't been done already tongue

Michigan

I had to have a few of my friends listen to this. We are all musicians within the Michigan area that do things here and there for anyone from Punk bands to Community Theaters, all learned the basic music theory jumbo and what-not. It was hard to understand this song, but when I figured it out I showed them. Great work man! You followed basic structure very well, even though it may seem to you that you were all over the place. Sometimes our most harsh critics are ourselves. We didn't pirate the song or anything, but we listed the different verses you had, all had a good structure on there own, and were arranged together well. The only thing that confused us was somewhere around the 3:40-4:04 mark. When it first is played, it does slightly jump the rails but then when everything else is accompanied the song is brought back the original. 4:25 is another really weird point. Don't get me wrong or anything, it is all correct in the realm of music theory, just is off-setting until you hear what comes after it. Even after that, when it hits it's reprise the song reaches a perfect ending.

But again, all-in-all, this is a very well done song and I enjoyed listening to it.