Alright, so I got a science-guy arduinoboy off eBay. One cable is for a DMG and the other is for color/advance. I was wondering if there is anyway of making the DMG input a color/advance one, so that I have two cables that would work to sync two advances. Would soldering work, or is there no way around this?

Thanks in advance. /wink

CA
Tecosa wrote:

Alright, so I got a science-guy arduinoboy off eBay. One cable is for a DMG and the other is for color/advance. I was wondering if there is anyway of making the DMG input a color/advance one, so that I have two cables that would work to sync two advances. Would soldering work, or is there no way around this?

Thanks in advance. /wink

If I understand it right:

- You have an arduino boy that has a DMG and a GBA cables.
- You want it to have 2 GBA cables as opposed to 1-DMG 1-GBA
- And you want it in order to sync 2 GBAs.

Let's assume you made it and now you have 2 GBAs connected to you arduinoboy.

1. How do you know they will sync? I think what will happen is arduinoboy won't work at all. Because two cables are for your convenience only (depending on which GB your plugging it to). And they don't serve as syncing tool. But to be fair I've never tried that, so I might be wrong.

2. At what level do you want to sync them? Do you want two LSDJs run in sync? Or do you want to sync at MIDI level?

As for turning a DMG cable to a color one. Yes you can cut the DMG jack and solder a GB jack. However you must be extremely careful and test it thoroughly because colors of the wires are not consistent. That is soldering red wire of DMG link cable to the red wire of a GBA link cable doesn't guarantee that it's the same data/clock line. Do you see what I mean?

Sorry for not being able to help staright away, perhaps if you provide more details someone more educated than me will give you the correct response. Cheers!

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Feb 4, 2015 1:29 am)

Unsubscribe

you cant use both cables at once. You can plug it into a 4 player link cable and share sync but nothing else.