Well hey, at least I got a first tune done and uploaded here. I thought I grasped the basics, but then I started reading the Roboctopus pages and my poor mind is totally blown, hardly understand a majority of what he's talking about. Hmm, isn't there something to be said for the excitement of going in over your head at full bore? smile Good times.

Seattle, WA
bitpusher2600 wrote:

Well hey, at least I got a first tune done and uploaded here. I thought I grasped the basics, but then I started reading the Roboctopus pages and my poor mind is totally blown, hardly understand a majority of what he's talking about. Hmm, isn't there something to be said for the excitement of going in over your head at full bore? smile Good times.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stuff from LSDJ and you articles until you're really comfortable with the program itself. That's not to say you shouldn't try it, but it's not a big deal if you're confused about something. 

I think the video that pulled me from being a beginner and threw me into being intermediate was Danimal Cannon's Advanced LSDJ Tutorial. Advanced is a bit of a misnomer, but this video really helped me understand what commands are doing to the sound and how I can completely abuse that power.

Now that is a heck of a video man, he really spent some time explaining his effects. I downloaded that and burnt it to a DVD for good measure. Thanks for posting that link good sir.