USA, Maryland

Hey Guys! So recently I've seen alot of tracks using the lsdj vocalizer(probably spelt wrong) and it seems pretty cool and I've also seen others use programs such as Vocaloid n stuff and i was wondering if there was any free/cheap vocalizers out there like the 2 of them?

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:22 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

Look for the Plogue's Chipspeech thread. Despite being a chronic UTAU user (for a quick example, it's the vocal in Picosong in the music section) I've been using it since before it had good instructions in English.

Both it and Vocaloid are much friendlier now, but Chipspeech will probably get you more bang for buck. Try demos of everything and see what suits your music best.

USA, Maryland
chunter wrote:

Look for the Plogue's Chipspeech thread. Despite being a chronic UTAU user (for a quick example, it's the vocal in Picosong in the music section) I've been using it since before it had good instructions in English.

Both it and Vocaloid are much friendlier now, but Chipspeech will probably get you more bang for buck. Try demos of everything and see what suits your music best.

aw man i loved Picosong thats actually what made me start this thread XD anyways thanks!

Brunswick, GA USA

Thanks! If you really want to learn UTAU, start here; the Momone Momo voicebank is found here.

well the cheapest vocaloid is avanna and her download is 69 dollars. the vocaloid community consider her clearest of all v3 vocaloids and is good for beginners. she is soft blank so you have use some dynamics. I use her for several songs. I tried utau but could not figure out the phonemes. since english has 40 phonemes but only 24 letters in the alphabet. all utau symbols for english phonemes make no sense.

Chips & Dip :3

I think plouge made a Vocalizer just recently!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

This isn't as nice or useful as Vocaloid but it's kind of fun and free, SayIt from AnalogX
http://www.analogx.com/contents/downloa … eeware.htm
Yogi

Montreal
metatronaut wrote:

I think plouge made a Vocalizer just recently!

That's 'Plogue' smile

Last edited by plgDavid (Feb 8, 2015 11:32 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
spark300c wrote:

I tried utau but could not figure out the phonemes. since english has 40 phonemes but only 24 letters in the alphabet. all utau symbols for english phonemes make no sense.

I think they correspond to the phonemes in Vocaloid (if you ever modified your notes' phonemes manually you may already understand what I mean,) but I never quite got the hang of it. I just use the Japanese phonemes with edits and let the voice have an accent. wink

Vocaloid 3 (and 4) have excellent English support and achieve Yamaha's goal of making speech synthesis as easy as playing a piano.

Try playing with clearness/whisper and gender settings, and some deliberate clipping to give the impression of a louder voice. In the future there will be better choices.

Unsubscribe

If you want something free try:
http://blog.wavosaur.com/text-to-speech-vst-vst-speek/

I ditched it once chipspeech came out because you basically need a instance for each line you want to speak, but I think it sounds great.

Montreal
herr_prof wrote:

If you want something free try:
http://blog.wavosaur.com/text-to-speech-vst-vst-speek/

I ditched it once chipspeech came out because you basically need a instance for each line you want to speak, but I think it sounds great.

You know I would add this voice if I didn't have a conscience. VST speek uses the SAM code without authorization
Just emailed SoftVoice again...

Last edited by plgDavid (Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
plgDavid wrote:

VST speek uses the SAM code without authorization

Interesting...

Montreal
chunter wrote:

Interesting...

In all fairness they are not selling it either. We would.