Chips & Dip :3

Has anyone made a pi machine for the explicit use of LGPT? I'm thinking of getting the new B+ model for it.

I would also like to know how easy it would be to use live with a Pi. I just feel like spending $300+ on a GP2X is less cost effective than buying a $35 Pi with roughly $100 of add ons.

Thanks!
-Sam

IL, US

yeah, i have 3 pi's.. 2 are mostly for piggy (a model b and b+).. if youre going to order soon, may wish to hold off and grab a model 2, think m_._n may need to rework it slightly to work on it, but its got a 4 core 900mHz arm in it and 1GB of ram for the same price as a b+... actually need to get mine re setup, had some issues with how my disk images were so i should be redoing them soon and adding the mapping for my gamepad and double checking midi functionality soon... been putting it off lately since i havent been using midi and have a psp go, but this fb01 is sitting and not getting used...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've actually got a Beaglebone Black for both LGPT and visuals, Given its amazing IO it's a great option if you want to do some cool MIDI synced lights or mechatronics or for an inexpensive setup (has 4GB of eMMC, so no need for an SD card). The new Raspi is far more powerful but I've never been able to really push a Raspi 1 or BBB.

Unsubscribe

it works fine but the lack of good case/screen options are probably going to make me ditch the whole thing.

france

Hello. Does lgpt run on raspberry pi 2 ?

turboninja wrote:

Fairly sure it would! It's the same system just with more RAM and a better processor.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
turboninja wrote:

The architecture for RP2 is the same as the original. It's got more RAM and a a much improved CPU, so it'll be great for LGPT!

Cleveland, Ohio

It does indeed run! They have a Raspi build on the piggy site. It hasn't stuttered or locked up on me with the RP2B.

IL, US
LazierGunz wrote:

It does indeed run! They have a Raspi build on the piggy site. It hasn't stuttered or locked up on me with the RP2B.

you have the same tiny keyboard i have... wish the touch pad worked a little better, but not like i need it once i have piggy running

Cleveland, Ohio
e.s.c. wrote:

you have the same tiny keyboard i have... wish the touch pad worked a little better, but not like i need it once i have piggy running

It's a very useful little keyboard for simple control / input, but I'd prefer a gamepad or standard keyboard for any rigorous computering / composerizing. Perfect for TV PCs, and as a bonus, it doubles as a cat aggravation device!!
http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-FE01-BL-Wire … B003UE52ME

LazierGunz wrote:

Damn that's an awesome setup! I really want to get something like this but more portable. I'm nowhere near a 3D printer so I really gotta figure some stuff out in terms of casing and power supply.

Unsubscribe

ill just drop this here:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:667904/#instructions

herr_prof wrote:

ill just drop this here:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:667904/#instructions

Hooooooooooooooly shit this is awesome.

LazierGunz wrote:

It hasn't stuttered or locked up on me with the RP2B.

Did you change audio settings in config.xml, or just use defaults? I've tried a number of settings on my Pi 2 B, but haven't got lgpt audio working smoothly. sad

Unsubscribe

Are you using onboard audio or a usb soundcard? I had to use the later to get anything useable.

Ugh, onboard audio. Somehow I forgot this would be an issue.