Sweden

Hi,

I am in a rush buying a loadable cartridge, by usb or whatever. Optimally I would like to be able to load it from a mac. Or even my android, why not! smile It is for an Original Gameboy.

The reviews I find are about 5 years old, so I just want to make sure that I am up to date.

I would be very happy to know fast since I have different possible pickup locations as of now and I would like to cut shipping costs as well as delivery time.

B)

Taichung, Taiwan

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12226 … artridges/

There are Bennvenn carts and a few more on the market as well.

Sweden

Thanks a lot!

It seems like GB Ems USB 64M is the most popular one. Any recommendations? Is it up to date?

Drag n derp

Please do some research before posting questions like this here...
There is a ton of information on this website, use the search, it is your friend...

Puerto Rico
Dip wrote:

up to date?

What does that even mean? It's not like Nintendo pushed a Game Boy update that blocked some of the flashcarts. If you know that you can load it from Mac/Android, then you have the ability to read the forum for any possible problems you might encounter.

Chips & Dip :3
Dip wrote:

Thanks a lot!

It seems like GB Ems USB 64M is the most popular one. Any recommendations? Is it up to date?

Try and get a Drag N' Derp if you can because it's $100 tongue

EMS is the most popular (and in my opinion) best option for the money.

It can be used with a Mac, but you have to use terminal commands and so on to get it to work.
Windows drivers are really frustrating to install to the point where I've given up on them tongue

Drag n' Derp > EMS for performance
Drag n' Derp < EMS for price

Sweden

Alright, ems it is!

By up to date I mean is it actively being developed or maintained , I.e. to make sure it is not only working with win95 or have issues in itself.

I apologize for the lazy posting and bad English. To my defence I call Timelack and Androidsurfing (awkward surfing).

Moderator, please feel free to delete this thread if you find it not appropriate!

smile

Atlanta, GA

yo if your getting an ems be sure to check this out http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/15904 … 64m-carts/

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

yo if your getting an ems be sure to check this out http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/15904 … 64m-carts/

I haven't gotten the chance to use that app yet because I don't have an adapter for my phone yet tongue

It looks really handy though in case you're on the road and forgot to save something to the cart/need to back something up ASAP!

matt's mind

^ thanks for posting the app!  from the feedback i've gotten from people using it (and myself once) it works pretty great.  very convenient for on-the-road backups and such

Sweden

I now got that app installed, already have the otg adapter. big_smile

Now I need to get the Ems cartridge to Connecticut before Saturday. I am hoping for kitsch bent or nonelectronics. hmm

matt's mind

i'm just down in NC it should arrive to CT by then (i got your email i believe, just haven't woken up enough to start replying to them today yet)

shouldn't be an issue, if you are concerned about it just choose the priority shipping method at checkout. 

there is no telling what will happen with the weather, but the nifty thing about the USPS is they are more-or-less bound to stay out in whatever type of weather and the other shipping companies more easily call the trucks back in.  UPS/FedEx/DHL just started back up here today

Also new to the EMS cart and already have one ordered from kitsch. Will I be able to load LSDJ itself from the Android app?

matt's mind

i'd need to check to see if he's added ROM read/write support to the app.  the version i have installed does not, but my tablet battery died so i'll see if there is an update later when i charge it again.  i know the dev is intending on this, but have no clue the success as of yet

IkariWarrior wrote:

Also new to the EMS cart and already have one ordered from kitsch. Will I be able to load LSDJ itself from the Android app?

It only reads/writes SRAM so you can't change the ROM.

I hear 2xAA is working on a kickass app for Mac though! Should make syncing things very easy.

metatronaut wrote:
IkariWarrior wrote:

It only reads/writes SRAM so you can't change the ROM.

I hear 2xAA is working on a kickass app for Mac though! Should make syncing things very easy.

Cool, got it. I'll just follow 2xAA's instructions for Win64. Seems like a pain, haha.