Montreal, Canada

Yeah I took one look at the website and...no. I'll never trust a "company" that tells me they will distribute my music, free of charge, to all major digital stores, then give me 100% of the profit.

Minneapolis, MN
n00bstar wrote:

Yeah I took one look at the website and...no. I'll never trust a "company" that tells me they will distribute my music, free of charge, to all major digital stores, then give me 100% of the profit.

Well, its just my 2 cents. So far they haven't screwed me, but admittedly I've only made like 7.50 tongue
(And of course I feel I need to justify the $20 I spent, so my reasoning may not be the most objective)

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Feb 20, 2015 1:52 am)

Montreal, Canada

Well.. you've made 7.50, but you sold more than that. There's my main problem with aggregators. In general, you're looking at 50 to 70 cents profit per song from iTunes. They sell from 99 cents to about 1.40$.

In all cases, you're looking at having 50% of your sales going to someone else's pockets. Which is quite alright if you approach it from the mindset that this 70 cents is 100% of your profit. But that's like if your boss told you they were going to cut 50% off your paycheck, but that at least you get to keep 100% of the rest.

You expect to pay some fees for services, but 50% just from the digital store, without even having paid the agregator yet? I'm super not convinced about them. It's way too shady all around.

Indiana

google drive or dropbox, + an html 5 player on your wordpress website will work