Australia

RepRap i3 with updated head for flexible plastics + wood polymer, and the purpose build electronics (power supply, stepper drivers and processor). Also has the heated bed so can do both ABS and PLA, ordered 1kg of each in white (I've been told it makes the strongest prints due to some dyes weakening the plastics)

Pretty excited to get stuck into 3d printing, I've done a fair bit of CNC milling so the software shouldn't be that hard to get familiar with.

I'll go with the ABS for the enclosures, and acetone vapor polish them to give them a hard glossy outter shell. Seems like it should be more than rugged enough for its purpose. I can always resin fill like I do the Lego Linkers if strength is an issue.

Boston

Oh nice, You'll probably be able to stand on those printed ABS enclosures without them cracking.

Australia

Lets hope a cart reader/writer will never have to stand up to that kind of abuse :-)

Australia

Printer finally assembled! 7hrs and literally hundreds of pieces. Printing a few test pieces as I write, I was unsure of the quality of components coming out of this thing but just from the demo files included (yet to tweak feed rates/temps etc..) the printed items are extremely sturdy (with only a 1.2mm shell thickness)

Now to take a crash course in 3d modeling and we'll have ourselves some enclosures!

Australia

Gen2 Linkers are ready! USD$35 ea with free shipping. (USD$50 for Linker & 256M LSDJ Cart - free shipping)

Australia

Gen2 Reader/Writer update!

Mod1 (ROM Dump and SRAM transfer) is just about complete. Plug in any cart and a USB drive pop's up. ROM and RAM file sizes and ROM name are automatically detected. A 1mbyte ROM dump (LSDJ, Pokemon etc...) is just under 7 seconds, SRAM dump in a fraction of a second. You can run the ROM in an emulator FROM THE CART!!! This means plugging in your LSDJ cart and continue working on your project as if it is in the GameBoy - all your work is saved automatically back to the cart.

I'll make a short video on the operation so far and post the link here. >>>>>> http://youtu.be/15LvSmCMuIc

Mod2 will include full Flash write operation - still working out the 'auto cart detection' to determine which programming algorithm to use. Support so far: MrFlash, Bung, EMS64, BennVenn. More to come!

Oh, and my store is up. http://shop.bennvenn.com - I'll add Gen2 stuff soon. Check it out!

Last edited by BennVenn (Mar 22, 2015 2:40 am)

Baja California

Must have that flasher!!!!

Chips & Dip :3

DMG/GBC Flash Carts are SRAM correct?

Minneapolis, MN

Love the new website!

Australia

metatronaut - DMG/GBC Flash Carts use SRAM for save storage (nanoloop is the exception) but the ROM resides in Flash ROM.

Abandoned on Fire
BennVenn wrote:

You can run the ROM in an emulator FROM THE CART!!! This means plugging in your LSDJ cart and continue working on your project as if it is in the GameBoy - all your work is saved automatically back to the cart.

That's something I hadn't thought of, great tip!  I'm going to try this with my derps.

Chips & Dip :3
BennVenn wrote:

metatronaut - DMG/GBC Flash Carts use SRAM for save storage (nanoloop is the exception) but the ROM resides in Flash ROM.

Awesome! I'll probably buy some in bulk this summer!

Minneapolis, MN

Any Idea on when flashing will be supported on the Reader/Writer Gen2?

Australia

I'd say I have around 10-15 hours worth of coding before it's implemented. All my core routines are finished, just need to manage cart type detection and block erasing/writing. But before that, I need to code a firmware update sequence.

I won't get much time during the week to work on it, maybe an hour or so a night so the bulk of it will be done on the weekend. Hopefully a working release by monday.

Minneapolis, MN

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Michigan

Go Ben!