Hey everyone,

I bought a cartridge with LSDJ recently and now i'm looking to buy a DMG-01

I've found some on ebay and amazon but i tought i could try here too.

Thanks in advance

if you want it modified i'd advise contacting someone like B_tech www.facebook.com/burnfingers and he'll sel you the DMG with whatever mods you like for a very reasonable price and extremly well modded

Chips & Dip :3

If you live in the US, go for stardriver. I've had troubles with other services delivering on time with a quality product, and stardriver not only fixed the problems, he did 'em cheap too!

Chicago, IL

If you want to drop a little extra cash,

http://8bitaesthetics.bigcartel.com

does a great job. You can get stuff already built in like a pro audio jack, etc. he will customize it to your needs too.

BeatScribe wrote:

If you want to drop a little extra cash,

http://8bitaesthetics.bigcartel.com

does a great job. You can get stuff already built in like a pro audio jack, etc. he will customize it to your needs too.

I've been looking at that rockboy forever! It looks nice!

IL, US

or you can just not get one that's modded, as none of the mods are actually necessary to make music on a game boy

Minneapolis, MN
e.s.c. wrote:

or you can just not get one that's modded, as none of the mods are actually necessary to make music on a game boy

What he said, plus you could do any mods yourself too! I find it super fun, and (so far) haven't messed up any of my gbs.

e.s.c. wrote:

idk, if you're really low on funds then just get an unmodded GB. But if you have the money, go for a prosound & backlit GB at least.

Last edited by metatronaut (Mar 3, 2015 5:56 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Don't waste money on something you're not sure you'll use.  Get a $10 game boy from ebay or craigslist and try it out first.

Chicago, IL

it depends on how much you enjoy tinkering with stuff. i'd love to, but don't have the tools or time. and I'm also worried I'd break it.

egr wrote:

Don't waste money on something you're not sure you'll use.  Get a $10 game boy from ebay or craigslist and try it out first.

Or use BGB and get the rom for $2 tongue

Chicago, IL
metatronaut wrote:
egr wrote:

that is probably the best way to start. then cheap gameboy, then good one and drag n derp or something like that. i like the backlit gameboy just for playing games too though.

BeatScribe wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

that is probably the best way to start. then cheap gameboy, then good one and drag n derp or something like that. i like the backlit gameboy just for playing games too though.

I started out getting an EMS cart that came with a GBC off ebay for $30 so I got a steal on that one haha

I'm just using EMS' with DMG's right now with my 3x (eventually 4x + nano 2.7) LSDJ setup. I should really invest in some better carts :\

Last edited by metatronaut (Mar 3, 2015 6:11 pm)