I have successfully modded two gameboy pockets but on both of them if i tighten down the casing all the way it causes defects in the screen. If I loosen the tri-screws on the case a bit the defects go away. Anyone else notice this or know of a way to make more room inside the case for the backlight?

Things that can help:

1.) Cut away some of the inside shell case, lcd frame (usually above the lcd) to allow for the lcd and b/l to sit flush.

2.) Remove the top 2 prongs on the cartridge slot metal shielding to allow more space for the m/b and lcd.

3.) Dremmel down a little less than 1/8" off the top and central sets of screw posts (plastic columns, on the side edges) (again, to allow for more closure space)

4.) Loosen the m/b screws a couple of turns.

5.) Ensure both sides of the clear portective sheets have been removed from the polarizer sheet which came with the b/l.

6.) Ensure the polarizer sheet is facing concave side facing out, as opposed to in, which will reduce the dark / bubble spots.

I've been trying to perfect the pockets as well, have tried many b/ls from many sellers and it's still kind of hit or miss on coming out perfectly.
Hope that helps buddy. :-)

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Mar 12, 2015 3:41 am)

Koji-Kendo wrote:

Things that can help:

1.) Cut away some of the inside shell case, lcd frame (usually above the lcd) to allow for the lcd and b/l to sit flush.

2.) Remove the top 2 prongs on the cartridge slot metal shielding to allow more space for the m/b and lcd.

3.) Dremmel down a little less than 1/8" off the top and central sets of screw posts (plastic columns, on the side edges) (again, to allow for more closure space)

4.) Loosen the m/b screws a couple of turns.

5.) Ensure both sides of the clear portective sheets have been removed from the polarizer sheet which came with the b/l.

6.) Ensure the polarizer sheet is facing concave side facing out, as opposed to in, which will reduce the dark / bubble spots.

I've been trying to perfect the pockets as well, have tried many b/ls from many sellers and it's still kind of hit or miss on coming out perfectly.
Hope that helps buddy. :-)

Great information. Some of this I have tried other things I have not. I will try all this tomorrow. Thank you!

Last edited by robby (Mar 12, 2015 4:40 am)