I just finished building an ArduinoBoy and noticed that there is an exact quarter note delay after starting Renoise's sequencer and the time it takes LSDJ's sequencer to start. I have tried running LSDJ in both slave and midi mode, adjusting the offset in Renosie, etc; but the problem still persits. When I sync to Abelton Live it is always 100% on point. Any ideas, besides shifting all my Renoise patterns by a quarter note?

Los Angeles, CA

Change you batteries?

Yeah, I initially thought that and changed them twice. But, no..

Unsubscribe

is the sequencer transport note coming in on 1:1 as well?

Sweeeeeeden

Are you sure the delay is actually exactly a quarter note, and not a constant time? Did you try a really slow and a really fast BPM to test this fully?
What do you mean when you said you tried adjusting the offset in Renoise? Did this not work? There's a slider that let's you offset the MIDI clock by +/- 100 ms. Surely this must work, even if it means the extra hassle of having to change the value accoridng to the BPM.

Detroit

Are you mixing your gameboy directly into your audio interface? If so, it's probably audio latency which Ableton is capable of compensating for, not sure about Renoise.

Thanks everyone! The One Electronic nailed it. I just started using Renoise and totally overlooked switching the default driver settings in Renoise to ASIO and now everything works normally.