UK

Hi guys,

First off I am a complete NOOB at this LSDJ stuff.

I am trying to get an LSDJ .sav onto a GB; I do have a BennVenn link block and the software. I just cannot work out how to get the .sav to show in the LSDJ program?

I can see the .sav on the card but when I open LSDJ and load there is nothing there?

Any help would be appreciated ;-) And I have searched for a topic but it appears to be a minefield!

Thanks

xx_6581_xx

Last edited by xx_6581_xx (Mar 27, 2015 4:49 pm)

1: did you read the LSDJ manual?
2: where did you get the sav?
3: what kind of cart do you use?
4: which one is your favourite turtle?
5: is the save named the same as the rom?
6: are you using a demo version of lsdj?

South Korea

Make sure your rom and save have the EXACT same filename. For example, if the rom is called LSDJ.gb, the save should be LSDJ.sav, not lsdj.sav or LSDJ1.sav or whatever. Also, make sure there is only one save file per instance of LSDJ, you can't have one LSDJ rom and want to open several savs for it.
If not this, then it must be a hardware specific issue with the cart, and BennVenn is the one to ask.

UK
Timbob wrote:

1: did you read the LSDJ manual?
2: where did you get the sav?
3: what kind of cart do you use?
4: which one is your favourite turtle?
5: is the save named the same as the rom?
6: are you using a demo version of lsdj?

1. Yes and does not actually tell you how to do that in any shape or form?
2. The sav was from Dannimal & Zef album Parallel Processing
3. The cart is a BennVenn Flash card from him
4. None
5. I do not understand that question (I am a big noob) ;-)
6. No a paid version i.e. I donated

UK
DeerPresident wrote:

Make sure your rom and save have the EXACT same filename. For example, if the rom is called LSDJ.gb, the save should be LSDJ.sav, not lsdj.sav or LSDJ1.sav or whatever. Also, make sure there is only one save file per instance of LSDJ, you can't have one LSDJ rom and want to open several savs for it.
If not this, then it must be a hardware specific issue with the cart, and BennVenn is the one to ask.

Hi thanks,

On the cart when I connect to it via BennVenn software it has only one file on the cart; SRAM.sav.

I can drag and drop files into the cart but thats about it, nothing shows up in LSDJ. I am sorry I am a bit of a noob, trying to learn this quickly! lol

;-)

Dallas, Texas

can you load it from the naitive lsdj file manager?

Also if your save is called "SRAM.sav" I'm assuming you just need to rename it to whatever your .rom file is named

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm)

UK
TylerBarnes wrote:

can you load it from the naitive lsdj file manager?

Also if your save is called "SRAM.sav" I'm assuming you just need to rename it to whatever your .rom file is named

I cannot get it to open in LDSJ file manager; the file SRAM.sav was on the cart when I got it there is nothing else; how do I know what the ROM is called if I cannot see it?

;-)

Unsubscribe

I think the rom and sav file thing only applies to emulators.

Have you tried loading the sav in a emulator to be certain it isnt blank?

UK
herr_prof wrote:

I think the rom and sav file thing only applies to emulators.

Have you tried loading the sav in a emulator to be certain it isnt blank?

I have tried BGB and it works; full album of dannimal & Zef

No Idea, as I said I am very very new to this ;-)

Unsubscribe

You should add BennVenn to the subject so he knows its his product and can come in here and support, im not familiar with how it works but sounds like something is amiss.

Swansea, UK

There's a contact email address on his website: [email protected]

Australia

Hi!

Sorry I'm late.

OK, so you have the Gen2 linker. What you need to do is rename your .Sav file to SRAM.Sav and drag it to the BennVenn drive that comes up in MyComputer. It'll show you the standard copying bar thingy and after around 4-5 seconds it will disappear. And you're done! Restart your gameboy and your save file will be there.

My linker only acknowledges filenames called SRAM.Sav (There were a few reasons for this, Windows or any OS for that matter doesn't write files to a Devices file allocation table (FAT) individually. It reads the current whole FAT, modifies it, then re-writes it in one block. There was no easy way to discover the new filename without allocating resources to backing up, comparing etc.. Having it overwrite the original file means my FAT directs windows where to put the file, where it is intercepted and routed to the gameboy via the link cable)

So as I said, prepare your filename to be copied by  renaming it to SRAM.Sav then drag it over. Getting it back is the same, Drag it off and rename it to whatever you like.

Unsubscribe

Is that case sensitive?

Australia

I'd say its OS specific, just tested on XP and no, SrAm.SaV works fine, as long as it asks 'Do you want to overwrite?' then you're good to go

UK

All sorted people. I have 3 LDSJs on the cart; just pick one and press start to access BennVenn menu. Rename file you want to go on SRAM.sav and then drag and drop like normal windows.

Great bit of kit BennVenn ;-)

Australia

Thanks xx_6581_xx, I'll update the firmware to accept any file you drag onto it. It seems logical to do it that way.