barf

i'm a chip maestro. invest in my patreon

nashville,tn

I got a midines, recently. It does exactly what it's told. No more, no less. Herr prof is right, it's best to think of it as a synth module. Per midi composition, I really enjoy writing on a piano roll, plus file management is super easy. A big part of the equation is the sequencer used with it. If one has a sequencer they like, the midines is a great tool. Nothing but praise from me. The nes needs to be modded though, the hum is kinda a creativity killer, plus volume control for the triangle channel would be sweeet.

Los Angeles, CA

Just learn famitracker.

Dallas, Texas
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

plus volume control for the triangle channel would be sweeet.

TylerBarnes wrote:

You can even write to $4011 directly.

nashville,tn
TylerBarnes wrote:
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

plus volume control for the triangle channel would be sweeet.

TylerBarnes wrote:

You can even write to $4011 directly.

I don't know what those words mean together. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? Plz?

Looks like that is a famitracker option. Midines too?

Last edited by sugar sk*-*lls (Mar 28, 2015 7:37 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

$4011 is the delta counter, iirc?  If that's true, it means that you can use that to do some (very basic, not super deep) volume control of the triangle channel (along with the noise channel)

Dallas, Texas

Yes it can be done on both MidiNES and Fami....

By loading in values to $4011 you can slightly affect the triangles volume. It will only dip to about 50% but it's still there to use.

Heres some audio I made for a demonstration: https://app.box.com/s/ccrfrww92fai4dreadwi4g2wh4pfq3ln

I just wrote in the max value of $FF and the minimum of $00 for a sort of side chain effect.

For any MML users:
It would be written out like

E y$4011,$FF c8 y$4011,$00 w8 y$4011,$FF w8 y$4011,$00 w8

(c8 and w8 are my kick and wait commands)

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Mar 28, 2015 8:23 pm)

nashville,tn
TylerBarnes wrote:

Yes it can be done on both MidiNES and Fami....

By loading in values to $4011 you can slightly affect the triangles volume. It will only dip to about 50% but it's still there to use.

Heres some audio I made for a demonstration: https://app.box.com/s/ccrfrww92fai4dreadwi4g2wh4pfq3ln

I just wrote in the max value of $FF and the minimum of $00 for a sort of side chain effect.

For any MML users:
It would be written out like

E y$4011,$FF c8 y$4011,$00 w8 y$4011,$FF w8 y$4011,$00 w8

(c8 and w8 are my kick and wait commands)

Awesome! Thanks for the info!