╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

Well, I have no idea how to explain the browser bug.. But it happens sometimes when I just launch the program and open the browser.

Oh, sorry, I CAN browse directories, but all the buttons the embedded browser has don't work.

Also, thanks for the tip. smile

Last edited by bitwise (Mar 27, 2015 8:09 pm)

Montreal, Canada

Crash on startup bug:
If "disable_backups = no" is in the config file, the app crashes at launch.

Other new bug:
Cannot shut down the application on the latest version, it goes unresponsive and the process needs to be killed.

Backup Feature:
Should be applied to all saves, not only overwrites.

Nominated for understatement of the century:
"Really nice tracker, has some bugs though.. "

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱
n00bstar wrote:

Nominated for understatement of the century

lol, thanks big_smile

Oh, also if I go fullscreen and then suspend the application, it stops working after I return to it.

Last edited by bitwise (Mar 27, 2015 8:55 pm)

Montreal, Canada

"Ah, well that's because this bug is due to a bug. You need to not do that bug if you don't want that bug." -Kometbomb, circa 2015.

"N00bstar - the living proof of how sometimes not even all that sweet, sweet Bandcamp money can make a man happy." (c) 2015

Last edited by kometbomb (Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am)

Montreal, Canada

"Klystrack is a free software. Meaning you're free to report bugs, and I'm free to make them worse."

Last edited by n00bstar (Mar 28, 2015 3:52 pm)

Montreal, Canada

I was going through the bug reports on GitHub and saw a request for a klystrack forum and thought it was a great idea. It always feels weird posting here in this 36 pages long thread when 99% of the people on CMO don't use klystrack anyways.

So there we go... not the prettiest forum ever, but it kinda works as it should.

http://n00bstar.blogspot.ca/p/forums.html

Sorry couldn't hear you because of my rumbling stomach thanks to not having any money for food because of making free software and because of the loudly rustling Bandcamp dollars (Canadian).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … -win32.zip

Anyways I fixed an issue related to the new save routine that might cause trouble especially if saving wavetable items. Did the crashing when saving start recently? I don't understand the backup thing: what else is there to backup other than files that would be overwritten by the new file?

Also, do you by any chance have a song that will crash when you save it (and for some reason didn't crash earlier so that file can exist)?

Edit: Nice! I will add link to that forum on the project page in case people want to post there.

Last edited by kometbomb (Mar 28, 2015 5:54 pm)

Montreal, Canada

What's that? Can't hear you over the sound of the twelve albums I've sold. All them pennies going clink clink everywhere.

For the crashing thing. I think it started with 1304 or around. It's not related to the song itself im pretty sure as it can even happen on an empty project. To me it feels like the software can't keep up with rapid input. I work incredibly fast and key shortcuts are second nature by now so sometimes I can go play-stop-play-edit-play-stop-save-enter-enter-left-enter in two seconds. Seems like the software just tries to initiate a new routine that's dependent on another, before that other finishes. Does that make any sense?

For the backup. I think Cubase does it perfectly. There's no distinction between save and overwrite. When you save your file, it creates two files. The .CPR project file, and a BAK backup with it. The reason is that if somehow, for whatever reason, your .CPR file gets corrupted, there's a copy of it available. If there's already a .BAK file in the folder, it creates another one with "-02" appended to the file name. Then 03, 04 and so forth. Yes it clutters your folder but your data is safe. When your project is finished, you can simply remove the backup files.

You might be onto something. There are some places where something might need one extra frame for a GUI element to settle (you can notice this behavior by the scroll bars) but I don't think that is anything more than a visual glitch.

So, basically you want both a "Save" and a "Save as..." operation with the former saving (overwriting) the song silently but would also create a backup? That would work. The backups accumulate right now too, with a simple timestamp appended.

Montreal, Canada

I'm always on something. Right now I'm on acid AND THE WORLD IS A BUTTERFLY.

Not sure if a "save as" option is necessary since the save button doesn't automatically save and brings up a dialog box anyways. At this point if the user doesn't think of changing the title himself, there's no amount of options that will save him from doing something stupid. I just think a backup file should be made along with *any* save or overwrite.

Montreal, Canada

double post from hell

Last edited by n00bstar (Mar 29, 2015 3:50 pm)

Yeah well now every save will try to create a backup (except for .WAV export) so that feature pretty much is there.

Also: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … -win32.zip (disabled MIDI because it doesn't work anyways and I'm trying to eliminate things that might crash) Does this or the build from yesterday hang when quitting? Does it crash when you save? Does it only crash when you click one of the "Save unused data" buttons but not when you click the other?

If it still crashes then I will send a debug .exe that you can run under the debugger and it will show the exact line where it crashes. I can probably automate it so it shouldn't be too technical, it would be cool if you could spend a few minutes trying to get it crash (it sounds like you encounter crashes quite a bit unless you are exaggerating) and then send me the info the debugger displays after you type in a short bit.

Montreal, Canada

Seems pretty damn solid to me so far. No crash on launch / quit even if I try to make it crash on purpose. Save seems solid, even the one from song statistics, no matter if I have a complex song loaded, or nothing at all.

Maybe the midi was indeed doing something? I know it's been iffy for a long while now, and I do have a full midi setup here so... maybe?

Knock on wood. I think the only remaining problem is that screen of blackness, though on this work machine it never crashes, you only need to resize the window and it's black no more. It's annoying though.

The MIDI implementation could send some random-ish events and perhaps that isn't thread-safe. It's probably the only remaining difference between your system and my system and I haven't tested that thoroughly (I can only do some fancy memory testing on my Linux debug system and MIDI is not available there).