Upstate New York

been trying for the better part of 2 hours to get lsdj on my cart, but no matter what i do the driver wont update.

Im running windows 8 64 bit. im following all the steps for the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider, but still nothing.

can anyone help me out?

Seattle, WA

The easiest way is to get virtualbox and emulate a windows xp machine. The drivers install easily from there.

There is a windows 8 work around, but my experience with installing unsigned drivers on windows 7 and 8 is frustrating at best.

King's Lynn, UK

Yeah, virtual machine sounds like the best workaround. It took me ages to get it to install on my pc - vista 64bit, as i understand, it really doesn't like 64bit - and when it finally installed it still didn't work. Eventually just installed on my netbook instead, which is on XP, and it worked straight away, but still isn't a particularly nice interface.

I'm saving up for a drag 'n' derp now...

Upstate New York

yeah i downloading virtualbox now. wish i wouldve just bought a drag and derp

Québec

Or you could get one of the last Altane preorders: http://asmretro.com/altane/

Joliette, QC, Canada

Just uninstall completely every installed drivers associated with your EMS do all the stuffs to do to go to override the driver signature enforcement !
Once you are in reinstall the drivers...it worked for me but every time you plug your cart in your computer you NEED to be in that mode or else you need to reinstall the drivers (this is the issues I got with my Hardsid and my EMS carts really frustrating and silly and the reason I switched back to win7)

Last edited by XyNo (Jan 23, 2015 10:44 pm)

Aarhus, Denmark

I run windows 8 - 64 bit.

The way I managed to install the drivers for the EMS64 cart was to do an advanced reboot with unsigned drivers allowed. I then installed the drivers in the regular way, and they still work to this day (without booting into the advanced mode). smile

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to- … d-drivers/

Australia

Plug - Or grab a Gen2 Reader/Writer. Turns your EMS cart into a drag n derp!