Atlanta, GA

I have a gbsync v1.1 cable (not sure what exactly it is) that has a GBC/GBA link on one side and a MIDI DIN on the other. I have it hooked up to the MIDI in on my Kaoss Pad 3 and I want to make the two of these toys play in sync.

Is there a way to make the KP3 listen to the BPM from nanoloop 2.7.2 or make nl2.7.2 listen to the BPM from the KP3?=

thanks in advance
-Kitty

West Yorks, UK

i doubt it. i am hoping so, but nanoloop only accepts external sync (ie it cant be the master) Im not so sure the kp3 can be set up to send beat clock out. either that or it may do but i believe auto bpm function is disabled, so you cant sync all your midi gear to an analogue source by using the the auto bpm, something like that. I hope to be proven wrong, will check when i get home and can study the KP3 manual. anyone else care to chip (geddit?) in?

also++ make sure you know the command to bring up external sync on nanoloop. it used to be something like, go to the clock multiplication menu
then press a+b and left on the dpad. then, having looked at the settings on the KP3, set a sample playing. if theres a way to begin sending out clock from the kp3, that will be it, unless it sends it constantly, or not at all. I am dubious but hopefull. Im hoping to do this, and also have ielectribe on ipad send midi clock out and be master. Doubt that too tbh. Good luck

Last edited by Domu (Mar 31, 2015 4:34 pm)

Atlanta, GA

I actually got it working today, thank you for the suggestions! I searched out and found the start+stop midi signals on the KP3 itself and set buttons to correspond with the both of them. I now have full control of my BPM in NL2x2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8KYcZlJD5w

West Yorks, UK

oh man oh man, awesome news