Montreal, Canada

Not saying there's shame in it. But if it's your own money, then you should be allowed to spend it as you see fit, no matter what your age is. That's how you teach kids to understand the value of money, and the value of making mistakes.

logan city, UT, USA
Fudgers wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

Don't mean to be rude but, if you can't grow the balls to be a man at 18 years old then maybe your mom is right to not let you manage your bank account. Just saying and all.

I'm 22, and I still have my parents name on my account. I'm fortunate enough to have their help paying for school for the past four years, and I pay my school bills through that account. If they're helping me out financially, I don't see any reason to block them out of the account. idk what OP's situation is, but no shame imo

similar situation to mine : /

Montreal, Canada
The8BitMachine wrote:

i know : / i'm the youngest in the family and often get overlooked, my sis took control of her bank account at 18, but i'm 18 now, and she won't let me.

Classic youngest kid syndrome. Mama bird can't let the last bird out of the nest because she won't be a mama anymore. Coupled with being the youngest, so you invariably have to pay for all of your older sibling's mistakes. Sit down with her. Talk to her. And if it doesn't go through, go open your own bank account and transfer your money there. It might piss her off at first, but in the long run she'll learn to respect you as an adult who can make his own decisions.

j

Last edited by sandneil (Apr 10, 2015 12:34 am)

logan city, UT, USA
n00bstar wrote:
The8BitMachine wrote:

i know : / i'm the youngest in the family and often get overlooked, my sis took control of her bank account at 18, but i'm 18 now, and she won't let me.

Classic youngest kid syndrome. Mama bird can't let the last bird out of the nest because she won't be a mama anymore. Coupled with being the youngest, so you invariably have to pay for all of your older sibling's mistakes. Sit down with her. Talk to her. And if it doesn't go through, go open your own bank account and transfer your money there. It might piss her off at first, but in the long run she'll learn to respect you as an adult who can make his own decisions.

You just nailed my problem with paypal, and my life RIGHT on the head! you deserve infinite brownie points, or an unlimited-wish wishing rock or something!! : )

I think what will happen, is that i will convince her to make a PayPal account with our family email (the one i use for this website)
and then when i leave home, i'll make my own.

She'll probably thank me for wanting to make that account later on ; )

logan city, UT, USA

If the Mods want to close this topic, go right ahead! the problem is now solved thanks to n00bstar, and others on this thread. : )

thanks guys!

Montreal, Canada

n00bstar family counselling. It's a thing.

logan city, UT, USA
n00bstar wrote:

n00bstar family counselling. It's a thing.

indeed ; )