Vietnam

I'm sorry for coming off rude (I've just recently quit smoking), but can someone PLEASE tell me how the F*** do you place samples in the pattern editor in deflemask?? In VGM MM it was so simple (Just press "s" and the number corresponding to the sample in the FX area). I have watched the youtube video and read the manual a million times but still don't know how to do it. What am I missing?? I know it's simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out!

EDIT:
Never mind. I figured it out. -_-
I have plans to make a noob friendly tutorial video once I learn the ins and outs of deflemask. The one delek has on youtube is helpful but not exactly specific and thorough enough. The manual has a lot of information but I feel newbies to music tracking (such as myself) might find it hard to swallow.

Or maybe I just want a cigarette and find even the simplest of tasks are a bit overwhelming at the moment? Hmm....

Last edited by eclipsemod (Apr 15, 2015 4:14 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

From the manual:

17xx - DAC Enable:
This effect will enable the sample features of the last FM Channel of the YM2612. A non-zero value will enable the sample output, and a zero value will disable it.
This effect can be used on all channels, but only will affect the last channel of YM2612.

After using that command, the notes (C, C#, D, D#, etc) will morph into samples instead of FM Instruments.

Last edited by Delek (Apr 15, 2015 6:19 pm)

Vietnam

Thanks Delek. I read that but for some reason it didn't register in my brain. And just so you know, I wasn't knocking your video or anything. It really is very helpful and I do appreciate all the work that you've done. Now, back to wracking my brain with deflemask...