Colorado, United States

Hello,

Recently purchased GB USB smart card and flashed latest LSDJ (4.7.3). Cart works fine on GBA, but on DMG-01 , nothing but a blank screen after Nintendo loading screen.

Even stranger, version 3.3 of LSDJ will load up fine on the DMG-01. However, navigating to PROJECT causes the screen to glitch and LSDJ to crash hmm

Re-flashed and re-formatted many times. Any recommendations from the community on possible remedies ?

many thanks!

Colorado, United States

UPDATE - LSDJ version 2.6.3 works successfully on DMG-01 with GB USB Smart Card. Accessing PROJECT does not cause crash.

Does the current version of LSDJ not work on older hardware? I did not find anything suggesting such in the readmes.

Many thanks for the advice.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Just checked and I've got an EMS GB USB cartridge with 4.7.3 and it works on all my Game Boys, including my DMG-01.

Perhaps it's a case of either the DMG or cartridge being physically damaged?

Last edited by jefftheworld (Apr 18, 2015 5:35 am)

Colorado, United States

Hi Jefftheworld , appreciate the reply.

It's possible, the DMG is rather crusty. What is the CPU model on your DMGs ? Mine is CPU-04. Wondering if cpu power matters since v 4.7.3 works fine on my GBA.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The two DMGs I have with me right now are a CPU-04 and CPU-08, both work. Do you have another DMG to test it on?

Colorado, United States

Hi Jefftheworld,

I only have the one DMG with CPU-04 and a gameboy advance. Sounds like I might have a bad DMG; will take it apart for a good cleaning. Thanks for reply!

do you have another GB game to test on your DMG? i experienced game crashes/glitches on my DMG but it was only after i installed a backlight (and forgot to install the resistor). After installed the resistor, games worked fine.

Colorado, United States

Thanks for help everyone - after a tear down and cleaning, the DMG loads LSDJ v 4.7.3 successfully!